A Survival Story.......Fox Doodlbug

Most of the original brake assembly was there....

The only thing missing is the round piece of spring steel that goes between the push pins and the puck, looks like this:

The glue on the outside half must have come loose, and someone thought it was a good idea to use a machine screw to hold it together:doah:
I'm surprised it worked as good as it did:laugh:

I dug through a few motors to find a recoil that matched, I found this one and put in a brand new rope(vintage NOS Clinton rope) and a NOS Tecumseh handle:thumbsup:

For some reason the wires for the light coil come out on the left side of the motor, and these are the ends that I have to deal with....

Well I'm not very happy.
I slammed this bike out in three Saturdays, and took a ton of pics along the way. Now I think I lost or deleted a bunch of them:doah:
I still have a whole bunch of before pics, so now that it's (finally) sunny outside I'll get some "after" pics today.
Here's a couple of teasers....

Thanks Tom. don't worry, there's other ones out there:thumbsup:

delray, I would like to see the bikes side by side, they are very similar. Those pics were taken is some very bright sunlight a few weeks ago, it is a little darker than the pics make it seem. Although there are spots on the bike where I removed electrical tape and the paint was much more darker. The bike has a lot of sun fading.....

delray

keep it a Survival,so i can get some good color under electrical tape. 5 years down the road when i restore one of my bikes.........:rolleyes:

Are these brake parts available? Also does anyone have a drawing of the brake adapter plate?
Thanks
Wow, talk about an old thread! I'm actually quite shocked the pictures are still up on this one:p

Just last year I was able to score a NOS front fender with factory paint to finish this bike off. Still runs good!!

What brake parts do you need, individual pieces or the whole assembly?