ABS minibike fenders

race

Just taking a shot in the dark here as I don't know whether this is feasible but .... anyone know of anyone able to custom build minibike fenders out of ABS? I kinda like the basic shape of the Azusa / OldMiniBikes Warehouse metal ones (for 5" wheels) but I would like to add another 2-3" of length and go with ABS for weight / strength properties. Wondering if something like this could maybe be done on a 3D printer?

Or if you know of a source for existing ABS minibike fenders in different lengths / widths (for 5" wheels)?

race

Thanks K but no luck there. The few fenders in the right size range have those side skirts or whatever. The guy I spoke to wasn't even interested in talking once I told him the fenders were for a minibike. lol

I suppose one could slice off the skirt portion but I'll just keep looking for now.

race

Perhaps you could cut down a vintage dirt bike fender. Ebay is full of them. Rears are usually a bit wider than fronts.

Plastic Fender
Yeah, I have been looking them over ... but you end up with a giant radius that doesn't really follow the curve of the minibike wheels.

Azusa fenders.jpg

I'm OK with the Azusa / OldMiniBikes ones although I'm thinking of maybe getting a third fender and chopping off a couple inches to graft onto the ones that I will use (to make them a bit longer). I was just hoping to find lighter ABS ones to keep the mounting easier as I don't want to make permanent mounts on the Taco 44 frame. Hoping to use rubber mounted clamping brackets to attach to.

I'm sure the plastic ones are out there, just a matter of finding them.