Adding rear rack to baja mb 200

newf

Hey guys, anybody ever add a rear rack to there mini baja ? I would like to be able to carry a gas can and some gear.Or if someone has idea for adding tow hook to tow small cart.Some ideas or photos of your ideas would be great thanks JAY.

newf

Thanks for reply ADRENALINE the monster dog has a nice rack but i need a little bigger.The rokon trailer looks awesome but out of my price range .Anybody have pics of tailers to tow behind their bikes.i woud like to be able to tow small inflatable fishing boat and 2hp honda motor anyone with pics of a setup for this would beappreciated.

Any small lawn/garden tractor should do the trick for you. Probably a plastic molded one would cut down on weight vs. steel. Ive got a nice small wheelhorse trailer I plan on towing behind my build.

newf

regarding trailer and rack

Hey adrenaline i do plan on building my own, i would like to see some guys ideas on here for ideas on axle and what material is used for box.Hoppy thanx for the info. I'm sure there has to people on here who tow fishing ,camping or hunting gear with their minis .I would like to see pics of this set up they use for a trailer not many ideas on net.:shrug:

are you set on using a straight axle? id use wheels with bearings and just bolt them directly to risers of the base of the trailer for maximum ground clearance. as far as the rokon subject i was just suggesting the kinda tow bars they use. a simple hoop behind the tire and a vertical support to the frame ill try to find a pic before work tomorrow.

newf

ADRENALINE could you explain your idea of bolting wheels directly to risers or some kind of sketch .Thanks for reply you too dejaa i think i will use that idea for front rack.

MB165

I took a 3/8 rod and bent it around a gas cylinder and welded it onto the rear of the frame. then I took a grate from a shelf and added it to the inside of the hoop. I welded some pieces of chain on the outside for bungie straps. it holds a gallon of gas or a six pack cooler perfect.

Last edited:
here is what i suggest you copy for a tow hitch. it could be built to bolt on when you want it and be gone when you don't.
http://www.rokon.com/web_images/acc_rigid-towbar.jpg

and for the trailer i was thinking rectangle tube or c channel verticle posts off the bottom of the trailer to the with a 5/8 in bolt on the bottom(i would bore a hole for the bolt and use 3 heavy tacks to secure it in place). then just slide the wheel on and use a locknut to secure it. the risers can be as tall or short as you need for ground clearance or even install the bolts directly to the frame(i assume that it will use a perimeter frame). sorry i have no sketch for it.

Thanks for the reply ADRENALINE, that rokon idea is great it looks fairly easy to do.This will be a small job for me this winter .We have great fishing here in NEWFOUNDLAND,and i want to be able to take some gear into the secluded ponds and streams.Once again thanks:thumbsup:

I took a 3/8 rod and bent it around a gas cylinder and welded it onto the rear of the frame. then I took a grate from a shelf and added it to the inside of the hoop. I welded some pieces of chain on the outside for bungie straps. it holds a gallon of gas or a six pack cooler perfect.

Never thought I'd say this to a guy, but "nice rack".

Another old thread, but I figured I would add what I did. I wanted a small rack for my MB200 Warrior that I could strap my range bag on when I went out back to shoot. I found this one on Amazon for under $15. It turned out to be a bit smaller than I was hoping, but making it fit was as easy as could be. I just bent the "legs" out and attached them to the fender bolts. And bent the included bracket and used it to attach to seat bolt. Cheap, easy to install and just big enough to stick a range bag on with some bungies.

Amazon.com: Sunlite Gold Tec Front Rack - Black: Sports & Outdoors

Another old thread, but I figured I would add what I did. I wanted a small rack for my MB200 Warrior that I could strap my range bag on when I went out back to shoot. I found this one on Amazon for under $15. It turned out to be a bit smaller than I was hoping, but making it fit was as easy as could be. I just bent the "legs" out and attached them to the fender bolts. And bent the included bracket and used it to attach to seat bolt. Cheap, easy to install and just big enough to stick a range bag on with some bungies.
Thanks for the tip. I found one for $12 shipped on amazon.
Had to install it differently to allow clearance for changing the tail light bulb.
I used some thin bar stock inside the fender to attach the lower bracket mounts to the rear fender mounts. I'm figuring it's good for 20-25 pounds with easy riding.

Just have to make sure my bag doesnt get to close to the tail pipe.

Amazon.com: Sunlite Gold Tec Front Rack - Black: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks for the idea!
I had been looking for a rack and this one is perfect. I ordered it a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get it!