Advice for hooking up small Tecumseh throttle w/o governor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one example of how to hook up your throttle On a Tecumseh with out the governor installed. This example is on a HS50 but the principle can be applied to any of the Tecumseh L head engines.

The parts are things I had in my shop. The bell crank is from a mini bike throttle control that was junk. This can be easily fabricated assuming you won't have it. The spring is a torsion return spring available at a well stocked small engine dealer Tec#32923, the tip of the spring will need bent in the opposite direction to hook over the shroud. To do this, I put the spring in water with just the tip sticking out. Heat the tip and bend it.
Otherwise the spring will break.
If you don't keep the spring cool when you heat the tip, it will no longer be a spring. The plate and fastening of the bell crank is self explanatory. I use stainless bike spokes to make rods. Better 10 speed type bikes have a nice thin spoke. The bracket or plate is threaded to accept the pipe threads. The brass adapter is available at any parts house. They hold the cable nicely. Or you could use a regular cable adjuster.
This is easy to make. Safe. And rather clean.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.