Aftermarket 1 inch throttle??

My throttle works but is pitted all up. I've searched around and it seems 1 inch stuff is pretty limited. I really don't want to chop off and weld on 7/8th so does anybody have any suggestions? I'm on a limited budget so an exotic billet roller bearings throttle is out of the question (tho I would like one, lol). I'm not really worried about 100% correct looking grips. Lets say a cap to as close to $20 as I can get if at all possible.

thanks

I get the Emgo throttles and grips for motorcycles, two different sellers on Ebay niche-cycle is where I get the throttles but I've never gotten one that I didn't have to work on some. The coke bottle grips can be sourced from many vendors. Casting marks and slag need grinding off but once you have it they work fantastic. Emgo is an old brand I trust.

I was just about to make my own thread asking for help on this topic, except I believe my Rupp is 7/8. The problem I have is that my throttle grip is very loose to the point that anytime I take my hand off, it starts to rattle loudly. It looks like the waffle pattern one on OldMiniBikes that's hard plastic. It also does not return to a hard stop, allowing it to rotate in either direction. Is there something I can do to correct those issues or could someone recommend a quality replacement?

If you don't mind it not looking factory correct you can go with one of the ball bearing aluminum twist throttles. Yours being 7/8th the options are much easier to find.

1 4 Turn 7 8 CNC Throttle Twist Grips Clamp CR CRF XR CR 70 80 100 150 Motocross | eBay

(I have no idea about that seller nor the product. It's just one I found that was low priced) There was a thread on here about them I found when I was trying to find my 1 inch stuff. Some guys that were running them was suggesting ones they have actually used.

Last edited: