AH58 Port Timing Diagram

Hello, Need to get a hold of some old data on the AH58 engines. The port timing difference between an AH58 and AH58S. Thanks in advance.

Mark

AH 58 Port Timing

Are you talking about the Super 58 verses the AH 58? If so they have the same port timing, the cylinder, crankcase, crankshaft, ignition, rod and piston are all the same. The difference was the cylinder head, the fan and head shroud, the recoil starter, the reed cage and carburetor. A chainsaw AH 58 can be built into a nice kart engine. Most chainsaw AH 58's have a magnesium crankcase and fan shroud.

Louie

Louie,

Thank you for the info. Many years ago I had an AH58S on a mini. Trying to find one of these without taking a second mortgage out is next to impossible. I do remember the head, shroud and of course the intake being different from the regular 58. The only parts I have been able to get are a pair of the deep fin (S) heads and a couple of regular AH58 engines. Should be a interesting project. Oh by the way, I worked at the tracking site where your at for 12 years.. Thanks again. Mark