Vintage AmphiKitty balloon tire mini bike

Amphikitty Ballon Tire mini bike

• yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I remember correctly, the Amphi Kitty was manufactured by Mobility Unlimited Inc., located in Auburn Heights, Michigan. Mobility Unlimited also manufactured the Amphicat 6x6. There were not a lot of Amphi Kitty's made. Pretty rare minibike.

Are tires still made?
Nope they last made those tires about 1975.. As Karen said if you find a good set they will cost you lots.. Even if you did find a good set its really not a good option if you plan on riding the bike a lot. as the best case they are about 45 years old.. so its not a matter of if they fail its when they fail.. its super easy to convert to a modern wheel and tire option on that bike, and in my opinion the best way forward..

That's a shame their long gone as I remember the "High Flotation" tire from the 60's and early 70's. Very low tire pressure and almost no foot-print left behind. The tires were your suspension as well.

Nope they last made those tires about 1975.. As Karen said if you find a good set they will cost you lots.. Even if you did find a good set its really not a good option if you plan on riding the bike a lot. as the best case they are about 45 years old.. so its not a matter of if they fail its when they fail.. its super easy to convert to a modern wheel and tire option on that bike, and in my opinion the best way forward..
I saw a brand new Argo in our local shop a few months ago. Similar tires? Maybe a new source.