Another Project ARCO #2

Nice Arco project! I have a 5hp Honda on mine, and it moves my 210lb *ss pretty good!!
I'm in the same boat as you guys, cant get motivated on my 55 Chevy. Just wanna play with mini bikes at the moment. Looking forward to seeing more pix of this!! Nice job!!!

TomH

TOM good eye !
I'd have to put a small block chevy in a frame thats a set of trips I did for my 36
did them during the winter just can't get motivated on it
Stuck on doing the minis right now
FRANK
Yeah I had a set of deuces that came off a 58 chev. Had the original blocked off base plates on the front and back carbs. I did it "high school", bored it out to 301, full race cam and headers with a powerslide. Stuck it into a 65 elcamino. Man I loved to hear em open up.

Holy crap three things that showed your age
58 CHEVY
65 ElCamino
You forgot the Lakewood bars
SUN tach,and 8 Track!!!
I still have the lights under the front wheelwells of the MERC!!
FRANK

Last edited:
A 20.00 grinder from HF and a wire wheel.
Have five more to do but can't see giving them to a blaster to do!
You got to know when to walk away when it seems it won't get done!
GOOD LUCK
FRANK
Thanks for the tip, I went and bought one. Now I am trying to find a decent compressor! I bought Kobalt 30 Gallon and it is absolute crap! I am returning it today and buying Campell Hausenfield 60 gallon. The grinding I did complete is turning out nice as yours.

BTW, how are you going to paint yours?

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

I spray Bomb them but I think the next one I'm going to have to bring out the spray gun!
I can't find the color in a spray can !
Although I think the paint guy can put a color in a spray can for ya going to have to investigate it further
FRANK

Thanks for the tip, I went and bought one. Now I am trying to find a decent compressor! I bought Kobalt 30 Gallon and it is absolute crap! I am returning it today and buying Campell Hausenfield 60 gallon. The grinding I did complete is turning out nice as yours.

BTW, how are you going to paint yours?

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

I did make the exhaust and it's pretty quite compared to the western flyer I built for my grandson It had a trumpet exhaust and it is loud!
Compare the two
Thanks FRANK

nice job on the bike...I trust that is a custom exhaust. If not, can you tell me where you got it.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
clutch and engine cover pics incl.

Made a clutch cover and engine cover today!
Whatta Ya think little different than regular but ,
I don't play by the rules.
Ran out of argon at the very end of the fab!
FRANK

Update

Worked on the ARCO today and got most of it finished up
Just a couple of minor stuff to do and it's done!
Then its for sale !
Why U say ?
I don't have enough room for done minis and want to start on another one!
I guess I'm a glutten for punishment!
I can honestly say that it's very relaxing.
Thanks for checkin in out!!
FRANK

Looks great Frank. :thumbsup: Quality work as usual, it turned out nice and clean. :thumbsup: Glad to hear that you are addicted to the minibikes because that means more good project logs. :thumbsup: