Another speedway

Sitting disassembled just waiting for paint. Had a family emergency and had to drive down to Fla for a couple of weeks. Saw the gartlis museum so on the way back Sat, stopped for a couple of hours and went there. Amazing. I will post some pics when things settle down. My apartment next door (mother/daughter) flooded and now I have to try to dry everything and fix the damage. It figures that for the past two weeks the humidity which in TX is usually low is at 94% so while I have fans running it is very humid have to pick up a few de-humidifiers.

delray

flooding not good.
i was at the don garlits museum in Ocala,FL years ago. i like to go again someday. am sure things have change over the years.

After months of waiting finally got a nice day to prime the frame parts. Every day since has been 20-30 MPH winds, I paint outside under a tree so not too good to paint in the wind.

finished painting after many months of delay, now getting assembled but slowly as my JD mower engine started burning oil and now I am in the process of rebuilding it.

It didn't, sat for years then a few months ago I went to try it and the gas tank was full of rust. The BP gas was skunk piss and it took days to clean the tank. Once I got it running the driver did not engage till a bit over 4 K giving it full throttle it held at around 7K then I had to back off as I don't have a long stretch around here. It needs heavier weights in the driver. It did not seem as fast as my older speedway build. When spring comes I'll work on it.