Any Bicycle guys here?

pomfish

Or Ladies?
I couldn't help but buy this ladies Schwinn Collegiate today. It is just to much a survivor not to be loved.
All the parts are proper Schwinn items including the tires which amazingly are holding air.

Best I can tell by looking at some Schwinn sites it is a 1965, made 7/26/65 according to serial number. Those guys kept great records and were turning out over 5000 bikes on a normal day!

Anyway here are some cell phone pics.
Later,
Keith

Attachments

That is nice....as a kid in the 70s my best friends mom had that bike but 72ish year....we had a schwinn shop on cass ave and I knew the whole line up they had and for a bicycle manufacture they had a nice selection.

They make nice riders. I have a matching set of Schwinns, a Racer and a Breeze. Both are 1970 if I remember correctly and are also original right down to the tires and cables with perfect chrome. Both have the optional head and tail light with rear mounted generator and three speed rear end.
I tried to sell them a few years ago and found out they weren't really worth anything (even being a 9 out of 10), so we just kept them and enjoy em.

I've also got a cool chopper bicycle and a few of my '80s BMX bikes, plus a BMX from the '70s that was made by Fox (the minibike company)

I have the same clutch cover on my Ruttman BTW:thumbsup:

i am also a bicycle fiend......i collect antique.....38 elgin womens bike with skirt lace, monarch trainlite, a few schwinns too among others...i may have pics in my gallery.....

ive got a 2 person scwinn needs resto its old old Ollllld but the seats and grips still nice and ive never seen one like it.
got some of those old british and german foreign chopper frames n parts,and a nos bmx freestyler from the 80s never ridden.
and a chrome scwinn like those banana bikes,one of those scwinn 3 wheeled bikes,etc etc.
also got a couple of boxes of old nos bmx carp.
would love for a bike guy to just come buy it all.

Twid

Iv been working on a 60's Raleigh for my chick for the past 3 years. When I was a kid I'd bang out a bike in a week. The progression from kid to adult is strange it started with bicycles then dirt bike's then hot rods then Harley's then back to rods now I'm mini bikin. Being on two wheels just brings me back to the felling I had as a kid riding around without a care in the world, getting hurt, being hungry, cold, hot not wanting to go home. Doing everything I can to stay in the saddle. The good old days.

pomfish

Nice bikes right there tippycanoenm.
looks like you are well stocked with the parts too:)

Thanks for sharing,
Keith

Iv got about as many bicycles as i do minis. Ride almost every day. everything from 60s banana seat bikes to a penny farthing to modern road bikes. Nice original bikes like youre schwinn are real treasures

I've got a bunch of bicycles. Some I ride a lot, others are just garage decorations. Here are my Schwinn Fair Lady and Breeze, and the old-fashioned Feng Huang bike that I brought home from a trip to China. The China bike is a tank. Here's one more shot of a guy hauling some fuel tanks on one. I saw a bunch of stuff like that.