Anyone know what this is?

I'd hazard it's a Sprite possibly because of the brake but I'm not 100% sure. Ogy will probably chime in and he would be the final word on that. He can also probably narrow down the year or a range of years also. It has the bolts welded on for a battery box.

Nice find. I would take that bike in a heart beat.

Doc

Slow ones too :laugh:
lol nice.

So what is the final word, Fox or Sprite. I would really like to start looking for some of the parts i need, like the throttle because it looks like the former owner rigged up a brake cable to be the throttle, or is that how it was suppose to be?

Any suggestions guys?

Hello MinibikeAZ, Your minibike is an 1100 series Fox Sprite. The license plate / tail light bracket that is welded onto the rear of the frame means it was made somewhere between 1965 and 1969. The two bolts hanging down underneath the seat were to attach a metal tray that held a 6 volt battery to operate the headlight and the tail light. The sprite did not have a brake light. The model 1160 was a pre-welded kit. It came in pieces which you assembled yourself and used whatever motor you wanted and cost $59.50. The model 1104 came pre-assembled and again you used whatever motor you wished and cost $74.50. The model 1143 came fully assembled with a 2 1/4 hp Lauson four cycle motor and cost $124.50. The lighting kit was an option you could add for an additional $14.95. The wheelie bar assembly is not original and was added by one of the previous owners. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions...give me a shout. Ogy

Hello MinibikeAZ, Your minibike is an 1100 series Fox Sprite. The license plate / tail light bracket that is welded onto the rear of the frame means it was made somewhere between 1965 and 1969. The two bolts hanging down underneath the seat were to attach a metal tray that held a 6 volt battery to operate the headlight and the tail light. The sprite did not have a brake light. The model 1160 was a pre-welded kit. It came in pieces which you assembled yourself and used whatever motor you wanted and cost $59.50. The model 1104 came pre-assembled and again you used whatever motor you wished and cost $74.50. The model 1143 came fully assembled with a 2 1/4 hp Lauson four cycle motor and cost $124.50. The lighting kit was an option you could add for an additional $14.95. The wheelie bar assembly is not original and was added by one of the previous owners. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions...give me a shout. Ogy
That was exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you very much. :bowdown:

General parts are all the same Mini Bike & Go Kart Parts, Lawn Mower, Chain Saw and Outdoor Power Equipment | OldMiniBikes Warehouse can take care of all your needs.

You aren't going to call fox and get a throttle cable unless you have a time machine. If you do order a bunch of parts and bring them back with you. You could get very rich!
Thank you for the info. I am surprised that there is not an aftermarket company reproducing these parts. I guess there isn't much money to be made in it?

I will get busy on taking more pictures and posting them on a build thread.

Thank you Everyone for all the help and it looks like I will be spending a lot of time on here.