Anyone run a sprocket guard on their doodlebug?

Latent

I ride my mini bike pretty hard and throw the chain twice in an hour of hard riding. Mostly street riding, but when I hit a bump in the road at full throttle it may throw the chain. I currently run a 12t clutch 59t split sprocket with the OldMiniBikes split sprocket adapter. I was thinking about either running a sprocket guard to prevent the chain from getting thrown off or making a spring loaded skateboard wheel tensioner on my mini bike. Has anyone run a sprocket guard with a split sprocket adapter on a doodlebug? Which idea do you think would be more beneficial?

Sprocket guard for a racing kart would probably work ok . I run a spring loaded tensioner on my DB using the factory tensioner wheel.

Latent

Sprocket guard for a racing kart would probably work ok . I run a spring loaded tensioner on my DB using the factory tensioner wheel.

Thank you for the picture. I used it as a reference and made myself a spring loaded chain tensioner today. Nice exhaust, always loved the loop exhaust, is that custom made?