Anyone who gre up in the late 60's-70's check this out.

Well I saw a picture of the soda fountain and the Star Trek paraphernalia. And Operation. And S&H Green Stamps. And the Roach T-shirts.

Lots of stuff I don't recognize..... I guess I was "sheltered". Thus the reason I never got a minibike no matter how much I begged...

But it is missing Slot Cars..... I never owned a Hot Wheel. I had 1/24 scale Slot Cars.... And 1/24 scale plastic car models. And BB Guns. I had BB Guns. God I wish I knew how many BB's I shot.... Seems Like I went to JM Fields every week buying more BB's..

Lots of cool stuff though. I did see some things that I would have liked to have had....

Doug

Oooooopppppssss..... I owned this one. Drove it for years.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/384565255659246483/

Dang it Pat. The more you look the more you see....... That's cool.

My wife called it the psychedelic wonder...

Last edited:
Haha..wow..my family played cards all night played..us kids played Monopoly,Operation and Mousetrap..i put together a zillion model kits...at 10-13 i couldn't have a motorbike,but had a stingray type bike with a banana seat and wore aviator shades..i was the coolest. :001_cool: we played "you're it" ,hide and seek and other games outside,and if was dark out and mom called me home including my middle name i better get home pronto..good times

Way cool , I wanted all that stuff lol , had some of it though , and BB guns my god do we shoot some stuff up ! And I did have a Cat 250X , it was second hand when I got it in 74 !

We NEVER asked to use the phone to call a friend. You go down to their house, stand at the door and yell their name....lol! John-nee, John-nee!

One of my favorites on that list was the full sized GI Joe dolls.

We used to get our snowmobile suits on in the summer and run around the park shooting bb guns and bottle rockets at each other. Amazed no one died. Or, Russian Roulette.....Get 5 friends to stand in a circle... Break the stick off a bottle rocket....... light it and throw it in the middle...... No one move..

Last edited:
Russian Roulette.....Get 5 friends to stand in a circle... Break the stick off a bottle rocket....... light it and throw it in the middle...... No one move..

Dang if you and your buddies didn't like living dangerously... All we did was play Russian Roulette with a Bow and Arrow. Shoot it straight up and see how close you could get it to land to you, the shooter and not become the shootee... Good times. And no, no one ever even got close to being impaled... But we were in the yard, the neighbors yard or at the playground having fun. Not in the house...

Itype2slo

the evil kneivel stunt cycle. Once you started cranking it fast your knuckles would hit the pavement. The other fun toy was the Cox helicopter there is no way to wind it back without it chopping your finger. Fun times.:thumbsup:

I still have all my hot wheels cars from when in was a kid. Its probably the only toys my mom saved for me. I had a little brother so anything i didn't destroy in the vice or with lighter fluid and firecrackers, he did. Makes me want to go downstairs and look at em.

the evil kneivel stunt cycle. Once you started cranking it fast your knuckles would hit the pavement. The other fun toy was the Cox helicopter there is no way to wind it back without it chopping your finger. Fun times.[emoji106]
Lol! I know what you mean with both of them!!!

We took the string off one of those cox planes and taped the wings straight. Let it go..... never did find it.

buckeye

What happened?
We use to make our own fun and I don't recal anyone dying.
And our crap was a lot less safe.
Kidd are weak today.

Great post Pat. Bunch of great memories.

I still have all my hot wheels cars from when in was a kid. Its probably the only toys my mom saved for me. I had a little brother so anything i didn't destroy in the vice or with lighter fluid and firecrackers, he did. Makes me want to go downstairs and look at em.
I still have my Match box cars from when I was a kid.:laugh: I don't remember those Sizzlers:eek:ut:

I collect all those older toys.Got a mess of Tonka,buddy L. Had 224 Ho slotcars,and every one of them you could put on a track and go. Sadly sold all the ho slots for medical bills. But got almost 3 grand for all my H.O slot stuff.

Lord the stuff we had back then. Comic books galore, I saved them all, gave to the kids and they sold em. Sgt. Rock, The Haunted Tank, and so many more.

And today we still play with toys. Granted more expensive ones.

Too poor to have most of that stuff, including mini bikes, and sometimes lunch. I did have a Sizzlers set. Most of the cool toys were owned by my friends from "broken homes," whose "missing Daddy" would compensate by buying them cool stuff, like Honda 50's and mini bikes.

Spyrograph. Had that. Cox Chopper with a pull chord. Lasted a day.

Oh, I also saved my Grandmothers, Uncle's, and Father's Raleigh cigarette coupons in a cigar box. I'd redeem them for Christmas presents. I was always quick to grab them a smoke, and pull those chits out of the pack.

Ah, the memories of childhood. Right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. By 1975, I had my first car, a 52 Chevy powered by Midnight Auto SBC stuff. (I didn't know until later)

A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys.