Anyone who gre up in the late 60's-70's check this out.

I think the last of the kid killing toys went away when they pulled lawn darts from the shelves.
After that, we had to make up our own things to try to kill each other.

I always heard that puff was a bong.
Yes, and it's too bad that such a great poem inspired by Ogden Nash and written by Lipton (PP and M) was twisted into the earliest version of the war on drugs. The poem and the lyrics were about the loss of childhood innocence, which is something most of us can relate to, especially those of us who recall the transition from a care-free childhood, to watching friends and their families torn apart when another boy did not return home from Vietnam.

IMG_20170405_143435.jpg i still got this.. had these as a kid....from the '80s bought for my son(yeah right..i still got it) :001_tongue:

Last edited:
Cox gas airplanes on strings. Had a P51 Mustang and a Corsair. Both crashed several times. Each time, I would need to send away for parts to somewhere in CA. Being in MI, it took two or three weeks to get new wings or landing gear parts. Fill out the little form, get your mom to write a check. Crazy process by today's standards.

Had a few Cox vehicles back in the mid 70s, the Vega funny car, the trike, a worm gear drive Baha bug, I remember setting up the string for the dragster to run on, you put a couple of nails in the asphalt 40-50ft apart, run the string between the two and put a knot about 3/4 down the run to deploy the chute and shut the engine down, we fired it up and set the needle valve, the little nitro methane fueled two stroke diesel was singing, we set it loose and stood back, it shot down the string, blew past the knot and ripped the nail out of the parking lot, we stood there as our Cox Dragster smoked it's little tires in this huge circle we were standing in the middle of, we side stepped the string when it came around, I remember it being too fast to try to catch so we just let it run out of fuel after a minute or so......................Tom.