Arctic Climber Questions

OK so its been a few weeks since i have been on here, i know my bad
but i have a couple of questions on original climbers

i would like to know what the original color of the engine was
i have seen now multiple pictures where the engine is white and some are silver.
in both pictures they say "original surviour or all original untouched"
just a little confused there

also what are the original hand grips
same as above seen a few "original" pictures but different hand grips
makes for more questions
also i was wondering if anyone has put on that 14.5 x 6 tire on a climber

thanks in advance

Ding Ding

yeah i looked at that one
but here is one that says original and it is white

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/c...rctic-cat-climber-sale.html?highlight=climber
Well as much as that bike looks fairly original, there are several parts on it that are not. The motor itself looks to be a later model, perhaps a late 70s. It might even be an HS50 (5 hp), which is not correct for a 1971-72 Climber. Notice the flat top of the engine compared to the more rounded one in the link i posted. The motor also has a new style throttle control and a much newer recoil. The fenders are not original, nor are the tires or hand grips. Somebody may think they have a true original bike, but often times they don't know any better.

Last edited:

Ding Ding

That white engine may very well have been off a snowblower. Notice the fuel line routing going through the engine and not straight to the tank. Also the ID tag on the engine, not where you would find it on a correct Tecumseh hs40 for a 71-72 Climber.

Has anyone ever put a 14.5X7.0-6 KNOBBY on an arctic climber???
please i need to know
It would be way too wide. I put 530 X 450 CS Trails on my Arctic and I had to put 1/4" spacers behind the sprocket because the chain would rub on the tire. 7" wide tires wouldn't allow for chain clearance not to mention squeezing them on a 4" wide rim...