Attn: Owners of 21 x 12 x 8 tires, I need your help .... 2 exmaple pics ....

Can you please take a measurement and let me know your wheel width where the bead sits and verify the diameter of the tire?

My wheel when measured from the center like this ...

Comes out to about 4" .... x2 = approx 8" wide wheel.

What is the width and I wonder if this is the stock wheel width for a Heald VT-10

ANY info I can get WILL be appreciated!

Thanks
Kevin

Took the VT-10 tire and wheel to Discount tire to see what I could find out.
Bottom line .. The diameter number on the sidewall doesn't mean that will be the mounted height. There is no particular wheel width for any particular tire diameter/section width.
Manufacturers usually advertise their "mounted" tire diameter on their websites to avoid clearance issues.
So my 21x12x8 Carlisle can be 22-1/2 from the factory.
I will assume the wheels are original to the bike but the tires are dated 1994 as year of manufacture.
The last year Heald produced anything was 1988.
That's what I know.

Discount did a little research and found a Carlisle "Field Trax" tire that's a 22x11x8 ... The mounted dimensions for this tire are ... 20.88" diameter x 10.55@ section width when mounted on a 7" wide wheel.

A member PMed me to say ...

"the Heald 8" wheels I have measured at the bottom of the bead area is 8 1/4" and at the top is 8 1/2". A Honda three wheeler 8" wheel is 8 1/4" to and slightly more at the top of the bead. All my Heald wheels are the same."

Sounds like my wheels are original size to the bike.

It's the Tires ... Case Closed!!

It will end up slightly shorter with a wider rim.

I am having the same issue on my granddaughters mini quad. 16-8-7 tires. 3 different tires measuring anywhere from 15 to 18" tall.