B.A.T. is rocking this week

Sold moments ago for $30,000.

Lovely kart, stunning outcome.

This buyer has recently purchased five other karts with an average price of $19,100, along with a $155,000 1962 Corvette, and a $96,000 1965 Ranchero.

No Reserve: Twin-Engine 1968 Rupp Chaparral CS-2 Go-Kart

That Rupp sold for $30,000. If you convert today's worthless money to 1968 dollars that might be close to what it actually cost. Lots of options and some dress up items. Plus, he probably had spares. I don't know how to figure the money value then verses now but it just seems like it would be close when you think about what a new car cost then verses now.

$30,000 today equals appx $3500 in 1968 money. That's a a few hundred dollars more more than the base price of a new '68 Mustang fastback.
According to the Ford.com website a new base 2022 Mustang is $27,470.00. And according to Mustangspecs.com a base 68 coupe sold new for $2,707.00.

So, what did the Rupp sell for new in 68 as it is dressed in the auction?

Richard took it in the keester on some of those auctions.
Eff that Jag, glad it brought sheet money, junk and people know it.
What the hell did they ever build that wasn't junky? They were shiny but that's about it. I can only imagine how that wrecked Ferrari turned out in reality. And why did the majority of the cars they built stay at the shop? The brown Model A that was built in the first or second episode was always siting on the lift in the shop for ever. Seemed if I ever just watched an episode out of boredom it was there. Looked like it was glued to the lift as it never moved.

Sue named them accurately from day 1.

And every car they built didn't have a headliner in it. Why??? Nice seats but no headliner? I gave up on that show and him after a handful of shows.

Would much rather watch Ian Roussel on Full Custom Garage. He is at least creative and not afraid to try something new. When you can take 2 59 Ford station wagon quarter panels and build an entire car around them you are pretty dang creative. One thing is for sure, Ian is not afraid to cut up a perfectly good car.

What the hell did they ever build that wasn't junky? They were shiny but that's about it. I can only imagine how that wrecked Ferrari turned out in reality. And why did the majority of the cars they built stay at the shop? The brown Model A that was built in the first or second episode was always siting on the lift in the shop for ever. Seemed if I ever just watched an episode out of boredom it was there. Looked like it was glued to the lift as it never moved.

Sue named them accurately from day 1.

And every car they built didn't have a headliner in it. Why??? Nice seats but no headliner? I gave up on that show and him after a handful of shows.

Would much rather watch Ian Roussel on Full Custom Garage. He is at least creative and not afraid to try something new. When you can take 2 59 Ford station wagon quarter panels and build an entire car around them you are pretty dang creative. One thing is for sure, Ian is not afraid to cut up a perfectly good car.
LMAO!!!!!! Spot on Doug... LOL
I watched that also....