Backyard build

So I have followed this site for awhile and I needed a new pit bike to cruise around the track so I found this one on craigslist for $75 (Which I over paid) and as you can see she is pretty beat down. I had a bunch of kart parts laying around and a couple extra motors sitting on the shelf so I started chopping and grinding. I took about a year to do it because I got busy but I have full build pix as I changed my mind 10 different time during the process.

mini before.JPG mini after.jpg mini after 2.jpg

Thanks,
John

I looked around a bit to see what model it was but had no luck. Thanks for the info on the Bird. I will be adding more pix of the process.

I've got the same bike. I paid $60 for mine, but it was a roller. No engine. I've been wondering where to go with mine. This is nice! Maybe I'll stretch mine?

Almost to the finished product.

This was the final stretch before the final motor swap. The animal was good but it didn't have the torque I wanted so I was actually in the process of rebuilding a predator and that will be the final power plant.

bird 8.JPG bird 9.JPG bird 10.JPG bird 11.jpg

Here is the final product. I think I am going to cut the header down a bit and wrap it. I've opened it up to 51.8 mph and its going to get a steering stabilizer.

Engine is 69730 predator with ported RTC-6 head and cut .080, Hemi flat top piston, ARC .020 longer billet rod and billet flywheel. Mod 2 cam and 1:2 ratio rockers I robbed the animal for its intake and carb (A little Grinding is necessary) #6 timing key and some race fuel and she will live a long reliable life. The tiny tach was $11 on ebay and its surprisingly accurate.

final 1.JPG final 2.jpg final 3.jpg final 4.jpg final 5.jpg

Very nice work. Usually the front forks on a Bird are high speed. Sometimes I think they came out of the factory that way. I have four Birds and every fork went into the press for straightening. anyway, have fun with that bike. It looks like a screamer.

Doc

Yeah I have the stock forks still and they need tweaked I scratch built the forks that are on it. I figured I'd keep the original stuff incase someone needs them for a restore. Excluding the frame haha. It's a blast to cruise around on.

Not entirely I actually had issues with it blowing fuel past the needle and seat and pumping it out of the overflow but if your doing speed runs it was sucked the bowl dry. If you look close there is an extra petcock on the pulse line that way you can adjust the fuel pressure in a way. 1/2 way open seems to be the ticket.