backyarder visitors

That's my back yard and I was out front mowing my weeds. She was probably laying down 40 yards from me. She is really friendly until she has cubs, that will be next year.:laugh: If you held your hand up with any food, she would be right over. She eats out of my neighbors hand all the time. Ever since I got chased by a bear a few years ago,(with cubs), I have a bit more respect for them. If you throw them 1 piece of food, you can't get rid of them and they stalk you all day for more food.:laugh:

Ever since I got chased by a bear a few years ago,(with cubs), I have a bit more respect for them. :
me and my brother got chased out of a field once up in maine when we were kids,that was terrifying.

just 2 months ago,we were trail riding on a diff property,and went offtrail for a bit.
we were trying to cut down a long cliffside,to get to a river.
when we stopped and shutoff,for a smoke break,i could hear some noises,and a Lot of chuffing...but i couldnt see where it was coming from thru the undergrowth..:shrug:
i Jokingly said to my friend,that sounds just like a bear,but theres no bears around here.....
As im saying this i turn and Right Next to me,is one of the bears marker trees,tore Up at least 7-8 feet high :scared:
we hauled *** out of there at warp speed....:freakout:

btw,you must live in a peaceful awesome setting to have wildlife walking right in :smile:

Last edited:
we get fawns in the yard pretty much every year.it's fun watching 2 or more run around together.they never walk,always full bore or just standing.
i'll have to dig through our old tapes ,got lots of video of bear,deer and other critters.got some good vid of a big group of deer in the yard at one time including a piebald.

I just use a regular camera Tom.The first one in post 97 I took from in the house,he was only about 10-15 ft from the house eating apples.
The second one I took off the porch it was about 25 yards away.They come around every day and could really care less about what's going on.There pretty much used to the stereo blasting and the all work going on