Bad Dog Gigantic - Brake Caliper Issues (Help Please!)

Hey Guys,

We are having issues with the clearance with the brake caliper clearance on this build.

We bought the Gigantic Kit from Bad Dog, so it included the caliper and everything but now once we have gotten everything close to assembled we are finding issues. Hoping that some folks in the community could help share their experiences especially if you've built one of these before.

Here's my questions:

1. How in the world does this caliper stay in place? There's two mounting tabs that keep it in one location, but it can still slide from side to side.

2. The tire rubs the caliper. What the heck do you do to get past this?

See attached pictures for reference please!

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

I believe the caliper is designed to slide from side to side so that braking pressure is applied evenly to both sides of the rotor.

Clearance? That's a tougher question. Are there spacers on the axle to set the wheel position?

I believe the caliper is designed to slide from side to side so that braking pressure is applied evenly to both sides of the rotor.

Clearance? That's a tougher question. Are there spacers on the axle to set the wheel position?
Hey Tom S. - The even pressure on the braking disc I get and understand. But the issue is the distance between the Caliper and the tire. If I put in a spacer it puts the sprocket (disc) too far out and then the mounting bolts hit the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

We are having issues with the clearance with the brake caliper clearance on this build.

We bought the Gigantic Kit from Bad Dog, so it included the caliper and everything but now once we have gotten everything close to assembled we are finding issues. Hoping that some folks in the community could help share their experiences especially if you've built one of these before.

Here's my questions:

1. How in the world does this caliper stay in place? There's two mounting tabs that keep it in one location, but it can still slide from side to side.

2. The tire rubs the caliper. What the heck do you do to get past this?

Simply grind the interfering part of the caliper down until it clears. It wont take much to clear the tire and you will still have lots of meat left in the caliper. By the pictures it is only touching at the outer most corner of the caliper body. Just round over the edge a little at a time until you have the needed clearance. As for the caliper staying in the bracket it wont come out with out taking off the wheel assembly. It is retained front to rear by the bracket and side to side by the sprocket.