Bad luck on parts lately :(

block block.jpg block block 2.jpg head head.jpg

Not having great luck with parts lately. Was suppose to get a machined bare block with a 70mm bore and I got this scratched dinged up block. The head was pulled from a new BSP. Going to machine head so not so much a problem but that block is beat up. Actually you guys are going to hate me for what I do to the head hahaha. Got the block from NR racing. Its the weekend so waiting on there response. This is the 3rd time I have ordered a 70mm block and think they sent me the wrong part. At least the valves were lapped in the BSP head this time. Last BSP the valves were not lapped.

Attachments

Dang! That would be going back for one not abused like that. This was from a machine shop? Or someplace that gets them from a machine shop? Either way that is not something I would have sent out to a customer.

Hopefully you used a credit card or PayPal to buy it.

The block was from NR racing and the head was from BSP. I have been going through NR for a while and they have great customer service. Was very surprised to get this from them. There great though. There sending me a return slip so I can send it back and there going to send me a new block.

The head was a big surprise though. It was pulled from a new BSP motor. I have a few heads though and this is an extra head. It's getting replaced with a GX160 UT1. Going to mill this head my self with a piece of marble and a large sheet of 80 grit and see if it will still seal up. I would never do this to a good head I was serious about but it's an extra and I want to do it for fun to put on my budget motor. I have a motor that I am doing a bunch of questionable stuff to. The. Original motor on my Coleman. I am at least putting an aluminum flywheel and billet rod with 22lb springs in but most the other mods are going to be back yard redneck mods.