Baja Blitz w/ 6.5 and Stage 1 Kit - What's next.

Well I finally got the bike done(so far) with the 6.5 hemi predator, HRMB engine plate/hardware/clutch/chain kit, and OldMiniBikes Stage 1 Kit. Gets up goes quickly, can launch on my Kawasaki KD100M and get a healthy head start before it gets passed on the top end. This thing is a blast.

Throttle linkage took a bit of tinkering to get it to feel right, but I eventually got it to where it feels good and upgrading to something better than a cheap chinese throttle grip/housing will probably help even more. The header pipe also pointed right at the back of the frame so I had to heat and bend it out to get the muffler on(figured it would look better than exiting under seat at an angle). Definitely needs header wrap as it claimed to victims in the first 20 minutes of being installed...me on the leg and my buddy on his hand.

So...what's next? I'm thinking some more power later on down the road, but for now I'm just wondering what can be done for looks and comfort. Any common upgrades/mods? Any recommendations? Maybe a more comfortable and shorter seat, maybe a tear drop tank that fits the old blitz frame, etc. Feel free to post photos of your stuff!

IMG_20170501_181623.jpg

IMG_20170501_181641.jpg

Last edited: