Baja Warrior REAL gastank

Would like to find a REAL gas tank that looks very similar to the fake ones on Baja Warrior/Heat/MB165/MB200. If anyone knows of one, could you post pics or a link. Thank you.

And this one does match the original tank in size and fit if you use a factory Honda tank and not the aftermarket tank. You have to cut off the rear tab and just leave enough for a small screw to secure the rear. The front requires a cross bar to be fabbed and welded to the bottom of the backbone.

Here is a comparison of the Honda Rebel tank and the fake Baja tank, Baja tank on top of the Honda tank. A real Honda Factory tank. Not the Amazon tank which is a different dimension than the factory Honda.

The rebel tank on the Warrior.

delray

not sure what your fab skills are?
i took the factory fake tank and made it into a real tank.
you can't get any better fit and look with the original one...:thumbsup:

Thanks shadowfocus603 and FOMOGO. That Rebel tank is pretty close, just a little bigger looking from the side view than I would like, but damn close! Excellent job of taking pictures comparing the two tanks FOMOGO. Thanks again.

not sure what your fab skills are?
i took the factory fake tank and made it into a real tank.
you can't get any better fit and look with the original one...:thumbsup:

Yeah, I was afraid this was what it would come down to. I worked as an auto mechanic for over 30 years and a body man for over 10 years. I was just trying to get out of a little work. But it looks like I'll have to make a real one out of a faux one. Your right Delray, nothing looks or fits better than the original. IMO you have the best looking Warrior I have seen. Maybe you could answer another question for me. I looks like there are 2 or 3 different fenders on these bikes some metal some plastic, they all seem to have a different radius, which ones did you use? I don't suppose you have a profile pic of your bike you could post do you? I looked for more pics of it, but it looks like photobucket has wiped them out. Also, what size tires are you runnin'? Thanks Delray, I appreciate your imput.

Last edited:

delray

lil Digger,yes photobucket really f things up,but i still do have all the pic's...:thumbsup:
my bike was a early model and still one of the better ones to modify.
here is the closes picture i could find of what it look like stock.

modified both the front and back fenders extensively. front i first had to lower it and then reshape them to the new 19x7x8 speedracer tires.
tires where for original a ATV front runner only. i was looking for something with a smooth and clean look and would work good for street riding and dry glass.
in the photo you can see how much i trim the fender after i lowered it down.

finish look, also i flatten the front fender so it was straight out. instead of the curled lip.

back fender was also lowered down.

before........

after with the rear suspension added on to it

finish mock up bike

here is one more picture how i ran the fuel line under the tank......:thumbsup:

Thanks Delray. Old Buicks rule! I worked for Buick from the early 80's to mid 90's. I've had 7 Lesabre's in a row. Sorry about your Photobucket problems. I get a better idea of the stance of a vehicle from a profile shot. Don't let that cat tear you a new @$$hole! :rolleyes:

delray

not to get off the subject of minibikes...:smile: the 68 wildcat i purchase it with only 22,405 original miles and it has the 430 big block and is rated at 360hp/475ft. funny thing back in the day. they didn't even call it a muscle car...:laugh:

also pickup a 1976 buick riviera fully loaded with only 16,000+ miles on it. that too has a big block(455). last year for the big blocks (GM CARS).

And this one does match the original tank in size and fit if you use a factory Honda tank and not the aftermarket tank. You have to cut off the rear tab and just leave enough for a small screw to secure the rear. The front requires a cross bar to be fabbed and welded to the bottom of the backbone.

Here is a comparison of the Honda Rebel tank and the fake Baja tank, Baja tank on top of the Honda tank. A real Honda Factory tank. Not the Amazon tank which is a different dimension than the factory Honda.

Well I didn't read this well enough and bought the Amazon/ebay tank. $100 paper weight no way this is fitting without major surgery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Fomogo, do you have measurements for that stock rebel tank? The ebay seller is swearing the 3.5 gallon tank is the same dimensions of a stock rebel tank. I cut about 4 inches off a old seat but you have to sit half on the tank. I'm going to try and move the seat back and fab up a new mount but I'm worried the center of balance will be over the rear tire too much making this a wheelie machine.

Fomogo, do you have measurements for that stock rebel tank? The ebay seller is swearing the 3.5 gallon tank is the same dimensions of a stock rebel tank.
Here are the specs for a stock Rebel tank. 2.6 gallons and .69 reserve. 3.3 total. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CMX250C

All I can tell you is that my buddy Bruce bought one of those tanks for his Warrior and they are way bigger than the factory rebel tank. He sent it back. It is wider at the rear and slightly longer too. You can look at the pictures I posted and you can see how narrow the rear of the factory Rebel tank is. It tucks into the Warrior seat like it was made for it. No cutting needed. It is almost the exact foot print as the Warriors fake metal tank. Now I have lots of room on my build off Warrior because it was stretched. But I also have an extra Rebel tank to go on my stock Warrior.

I don't think moving the seat back a little will change the bike but I could be wrong...

Doug

I cut the seat brackets off and I think I'm gonna try to make a Springer seat I don't think I'm going to be able to use the factory seat. The seller for the tank stopped returning my messages so I think I'm stuck with this tank