Baja Warrior still available?

I want to buy a Baja Warrior.
I can't find any new ones for sale online.
Are they still made/available?
Northern Tool and Tractor Supply sold them until fairly recently, but they're not available on their websites now.

Where can I get one new? I haven't found any used ones close to me, either.

Also, is the stock engine worth modding for better performance, or should I definitely ditch it for a Honda or Predator?
What about the Honda clones sold by Northern Tool?
Are they better quality than the Predator?

Is the Comet TAV worth the extra money over the clone?
Northern has the Comet TAV for $219.

If you're gonna mod one, just buy it used. I see them all the time for around $300 locally. There are some torque converters available for less than $200 on ebay. I would say that most clones are all fairly comparable with quality. I have a blue greyhound and a pred 212, and I like them both just fine.
Here is a link for the torque converter from ebay. I know many have used them without complaints.
Torque Converter 3 4" 30 Series 41 Replaces Comet 218353 TAV2 Mini Bike Go Kart | eBay
That's a 41 chain, but if you look, there are some for 35. Not sure what the warrior uses.

Either people in metro Atlanta like their Warriors and won't get rid of them. Or nobody down here is buying them.

So, do the newer ones use plastic fenders & fake gas tank?

Update.
Just found one locally.
Guy bought it at TSC December 2014 as a Christmas present for his son.
It's too big for his son.
His wife wants it gone (I've been there).
He paid about $850 after tax.
He wAnts $500 for it and he will deliver it at that price.
Since my truck is not usable at the moment (24"x36"x5" Mitutoyo surface plate and stand is in the bed, long story)
That could be perfect

At xmas our tractor supply had the camo ones for $499 , don't let him B.S. you , where in Ga are you , I'm in Louisiana and may be putting my hands on a pretty clean one this afternoon for under $150 !!

Sorry , I see you're in Atlanta , gas is cheap ? Yes plastic fenders and fake tank with storage compartment , one I'm trying to get is Black !

buckeye

500 is too expensive for used. If he paid 800 or whatever he's claiming, he's fos!

I just did a search on Atl craigs.
Two Warriors for under 300 bucks, a Motovox for 250, and the best was a Super Bronc for trade.
Multiple DB's too.
Good luck.

The one on eBay looks nice. Trouble is, Rome is a loooooong drive from me.
I'm south of Atlanta and Rome is in the NW part of GA.

I looked at a Coleman on eBay. I like it but worry it may be too small for my big behind

I would not worry about my butox being too big. I have read too many posts by members that weigh 300# plus in the last five years. They ride the little DB30 with no problems. Just have some fun. " It ain't easy bein' tardman." :smile:

Holy cow! That Super Bronc has an 8HP Tecumseh.:bowdown:

I'd kinda like to have it, but Acworth is also a good, long drive from me.
It's a moot point since I don't have either item for which he wants to trade.:frown:

Last edited:

buckeye

I have driven 6 hours to pick up a bike.he might take cash.
Or maybe you have something else to trade him.
Never hurts to ask.