Basket case Rupp SS-5

IMG_0201.JPG
It is a pile of Rupp, just what I wanted:doah: Well its time to dismantle, and see what it is, and go from there.
Whoo Hoo!!

Thanks, got my work cut out for me. I got a complete donor bike, with a real nice clean blue gas tank, I think its an L100. had to put down the wrench for tonite, Its like an addiction, :bowdown: IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204.JPG

thats a GREAT project, have fun with it !.....i've been searching for one for a while now !.......keep us posted on your progress !

IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0225.JPG Wow, the wheels were rusty and crusty, was not sure if they would clean up or not, they did, very well! the T C that was on it, ?, not sure what it is. went ahead and put together a comet 20 series driven, think it will work well. Here is a pic with the wheels on :drool: Now for the power plant, I have an HS50 with a billet rod, and performance cam, or maybe a Tec 7HP with cam and billet rod.

yeah, got lucky on this one. put a couple of more goodies on it last nite. Had a nice comet 20 series driven sitting on the bench, so I put it to good use, also installed the foot pegs, and the brake lever, not correct, but will work nice. IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG Its getting there. The colors are not correct, but it's an SS-5. The fuel tank is spotless inside, seat and fenders are fair. Note the long bolt on the kickstand, have to come up with a better extension, soon. my big block 7hp will bolt up, but, it hits the fuel tank. Bummer. maybe a peanut tank? just thinking outloud.

IMG_0237.JPG just got my HS50 slant intake today, could not wait to put it on. soooo, its an HS50, with a dyno cam and billet rod, hoping shes a runner!

IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0250.JPG Well, could not help myself. started to fit a tec 7hp motor to it. fits nice. the stock fuel tank sits about an inch and a half to low (hits the upper left of the motor) going to put a bobber tank on. problem solved, I must say, that every time I do a project, it seems like I put together and take apart the bike, like 15 times before its done, might put zippers on this one LOL. just getting started again.

the SS-5 or the greenhorn may be getting a new, NOS right out or the box, power plant. check this out, just got it today whoohoo!:devil2: IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0325.JPG did I say WHOOHOO!

Last edited: