BC1300 Resto Project

Ok, so I believe I've now gathered nearly all the parts I need to take the plunge on my build project. While I'm still lacking a few minor items, I can at least now get to work and have this thing ready to assemble over the Winter.

Thanks to Guardrail Dave and Minibike Paul for supplying some of those most needed parts. I will have others to thank as I go, but for now, these folks are in the forefront as having contributed to my impending deliquency.

Well it's been several months ago that I started this project, so here's a long over-due update... I've not been so dialed-in with the picture taking aspect of the project, so I'll just post a couple shots of where I am now...

Chrome stuff is being done now and I'll get started on finishing up the motor in the next couple of weeks or so.

6doggie3

Well it's been several months ago that I started this project, so here's a long over-due update... I've not been so dialed-in with the picture taking aspect of the project, so I'll just post a couple shots of where I am now...

Chrome stuff is being done now and I'll get started on finishing up the motor in the next couple of weeks or so.
Looks sweet wish I would have kept mine! Are you using a vintage motor?

Thanks everyone! Lots more invested than I had anticipated, but I'd guess I'm preaching to the choir here....

The blue color is a powder coat color that was as close to the Chevy blue I could get at the time. Never fails, no sooner than I had it done and back home, I went to another shop to have the wheels tumbled and there was the color I'd have preferred. For at least 2 times my investment, I'm gonna settle for this choice.

Everything is moving forward smoothly as I've hoped. Tore into the motor today and am starting my needs list. Hope to have the parts next week and back together next weekend...

Since adding the seat I've realized my sausage tank is not going to work on this application. I'm look'n for another one to restore now and the other is up for sale... Rookie mistake I've decided......

Anyhow, I'll post it up for sale for those who may be interested.

Street Smart

Wow good lookin bike, good luck with it. I have one i picked a while ago but still havent done anything with it.
Actually i think my bike is a BC1200

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. Anyone got a push button kill switch that'll fit 1" bars that they'd be willing to part with? I've got one that'll fit a 3/4" bar if you're interested in a trade.