Be careful....Lots of scammers

sonerenos

I have decided if its not within my reach of picking up, I'm not buying it. I don't care how much I WANT the item being sold, if I cant touch it before I buy it, I'm moving on. The thieves are getting sneakier and sneakier day by day.

But I still need someone to pick a bike up for me in Washington and ship it to me LOL.

I used to be active around here, but not so much in the last 2 years. I still check in now and then, but I have no projects going on since I sold and bought a new house and now have a smaller garage and I don't feel like building up a small workshop again:(, but that's another story.

I have parts and unfinished projects I want to sell, but I don't even know where to begin any more. These dumbasses ripping people off make it difficult to earn the trust of a stranger where it used to be given until proven otherwise. I have been reading the posts recently and it seems that more and more often this is happening. I don't understand how they can sleep at night.

I have dealt with the awesome people on this forum countless times with flawless results both buying and selling. I still believe most people are good and that we only hear about the bad transactions.

What @manchester1 said; "I would be extra careful. Scammers are out in full force."

I don't know, I guess I'm just rambling on but you get the idea. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now and fade to the background. :D

I74

Yea,, am getting them ''a lot'' on my CL ads.
I don't give my e - mail, just tell them ''in the ads'',, to send me replies thru CL. ;)

Got 3 responses last week that say :

''Am interested in your item, what's your bottom price?
e-mail me @ .………. ,, as I don't respond to Craigslist replies. ''

Sad thing is,, people fall for this $hit. :rolleyes:

I can read into it though,, & weed out who's
legit & who isn't pretty quick.

I

Last edited:

pomfish

Yea,, am getting them ''a lot'' on my CL ads.
I don't give my e - mail, just tell them ''in the ads'',, to send me replies thru CL. ;)

Got 3 responses last week that say :

''Am interested in your item, what's your bottom price?
e-mail me @ .………. ,, as I don't respond to Craigslist replies. ''

Sad thing is,, people fall for this $hit. :rolleyes:

I can read into it though,, & weed out who's
legit & who isn't pretty quick.

I
I tell anyone, "I don't negotiate over the phone, you want to deal you come look at it"
End O Story on that sheet.

Personally won't sell on Craigs too many crazy grifters want to scope out your house, follow you etc.
People here where I live know me, If I put a bike out for sale in my yard it usually sells in a week or two at the most.
Have had people give me engines and entire bikes because "You're the mini bike guy"

Stay Safe.
Keith

Bought and sold parts here for years. Here on the forum, and also face to face.
99.9% absolutely great experiences.
Only 1 bad experience, so i guess that's pretty lucky.
It did sting though- it caused a lot of unnecessary drama here and just made both parties look bad.
One thing that i thought about- is that i trust the members here so much that i fell for it.
So i guess that is more a testament to the trustworthiness of the members here.
We all just need to be careful. Trust but verify.
My two cents

I74

Bought and sold parts here for years. Here on the forum, and also face to face.
99.9% absolutely great experiences.
Only 1 bad experience, so i guess that's pretty lucky.
It did sting though- it caused a lot of unnecessary drama here and just made both parties look bad.
One thing that i thought about- is that i trust the members here so much that i fell for it.
So i guess that is more a testament to the trustworthiness of the members here.
We all just need to be careful. Trust but verify.
My two cents
Yea,, you know I remember that. :rolleyes:

Never seen that Guy on here again either, did we.

I used to be active around here, but not so much in the last 2 years. I still check in now and then, but I have no projects going on since I sold and bought a new house and now have a smaller garage and I don't feel like building up a small workshop again:(, but that's another story.

I have parts and unfinished projects I want to sell, but I don't even know where to begin any more. These dumbasses ripping people off make it difficult to earn the trust of a stranger where it used to be given until proven otherwise. I have been reading the posts recently and it seems that more and more often this is happening. I don't understand how they can sleep at night.

I have dealt with the awesome people on this forum countless times with flawless results both buying and selling. I still believe most people are good and that we only hear about the bad transactions.

What @manchester1 said; "I would be extra careful. Scammers are out in full force."

I don't know, I guess I'm just rambling on but you get the idea. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now and fade to the background. :D
you have everthing just build a bike

Hey 174; Just reading your post and it got me asking myself: Is money the "actual root" of all evil? Or........could it be the "lack" of money that is this "root of evil" we always hear about? Ha (Thought you'd find that funny)

Added,,

I just couldn't even fathom being heartless & evil to do that to somebody.

Root of all evils,, ''the almighty dollar''.
Hey 174; Just reading your post and it got me asking myself: Is money the "actual root" of all evil? Or........could it be the "lack" of money that is this "root of evil" we always hear about? Ha (Thought you'd find that funny)
"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." 1 Timothy 6:10 KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+6:10&version=KJV