Be careful. There seems to be a couple scammers working the wanted ads.

"Sean Bartels" I bought a boat item and even bought into his sob story. I sent a few extra bucks and of course I sent it friends and family. Very talkative right up to when he got his money and then not a word. I refuse to let turd brained, booger eating morons like him ruin my general trust in people but it sure makes it difficult to enjoy online buying. My hope is that when karma comes a callin' on this big eared, banjo playin', cow-plop, sum-bitch, I get to see it.

Venom38

Had a new member tell me some guy has the parts I needed from the wanted section. He gave me the guys email and the seller wouldn’t show any pictures. All happen last night and today. The new member has some explaining to do but hasn’t replied back yet, so watch yourself.

Lizardking

Had a new member tell me some guy has the parts I needed from the wanted section. He gave me the guys email and the seller wouldn’t show any pictures. All happen last night and today. The new member has some explaining to do but hasn’t replied back yet, so watch yourself.
Same story I got on my Wanted ad yesterday. I didn't bother with the email he gave me though.
Nugg666 is the scammer. Beware..

Robertt8883

I put a wanted Ad for a Pair of NOS Carlisle Dbl Indian head tires.No action for a week.Then a member here on OldMiniBikes said he bought a pair a couple of weeks ago and offered his connection from who he purchased them.A week later that seller contacted me to say he has a couple of pairs for sale.After going back and forth for a month. I started too get red Flags. I tried to send him $$ through Paypal but the money never went through.I ended up getting a US Postal money order for $450.I also requested his Oregon Drivers license to make a copy.After a week no tires , and he was almost impossible to contact, I contacted USPS fraud dept.The check still wasnt cashed after a week, found out you cant cancel a Postal Money order. Well he ended up cashing my check ,never received any tires, He also changed his Cell phone #, I have his Oregon Drivers license. Now USPS Fraud Dept has opened a case. I am not sure if I can POST his DL on OldMiniBikes, but his name on his Oregon DL is the same name the POSTAL MONEY ORDER was made out to Brian Sullivan.Hopefully the USPS fraud Dept follows thru.He gave me his OldMiniBikes user name but I dont want to post it if he is not that guy and ruin a members name.but the 2 initials for his user name is T B

OldMiniBikes members Beware

Triley41395

I put a wanted Ad for a Pair of NOS Carlisle Dbl Indian head tires.No action for a week.Then a member here on OldMiniBikes said he bought a pair a couple of weeks ago and offered his connection from who he purchased them.A week later that seller contacted me to say he has a couple of pairs for sale.After going back and forth for a month. I started too get red Flags. I tried to send him $$ through Paypal but the money never went through.I ended up getting a US Postal money order for $450.I also requested his Oregon Drivers license to make a copy.After a week no tires , and he was almost impossible to contact, I contacted USPS fraud dept.The check still wasnt cashed after a week, found out you cant cancel a Postal Money order. Well he ended up cashing my check ,never received any tires, He also changed his Cell phone #, I have his Oregon Drivers license. Now USPS Fraud Dept has opened a case. I am not sure if I can POST his DL on OldMiniBikes, but his name on his Oregon DL is the same name the POSTAL MONEY ORDER was made out to Brian Sullivan.Hopefully the USPS fraud Dept follows thru.He gave me his OldMiniBikes user name but I dont want to post it if he is not that guy and ruin a members name.but the 2 initials for his user name is T B

OldMiniBikes members Beware
Robert, did you contact him thru OldMiniBikes at all, send him a PM or did he send you a private message at all?

Lizardking

Well I guess if I ran this zoo I’d make a new rule…

No selling until your 6 month anniversary….and you’ve had to had dealings with a known member who will vouch for you….No exceptions!
It would have to include no private messages too since they can private message you on a Wanted ad like the scammer Nugg666 did to me.

Don't be scared to expose the scammers name. It will save someone $$$$ and time...

Sprocket86

Well I guess if I ran this zoo I’d make a new rule…

No selling until your 6 month anniversary….and you’ve had to had dealings with a known member who will vouch for you….No exceptions!
Excellent idea for sure. I feel the new member would require to make multiple posts with good content.

Not trying to be an ass…I know that’s unusual, but that’s like saying don’t take if you’re allergic to it…?? How you going to know if you don’t try? So I guess the question Is do you want to be the first to buy from a new guy? I really don’t…they need to be regulated…at least for us old guys who are vulnerable and junk…

Augiedoggie

I'm on other forums regularly. I'm moderator on one. I ban at least 3 or 4 scammers every few days. We have minimum post rule and the crooks circumvent minimum post rule by posting one word or a single letter in reply to threads. As fast as we ban them others will sprout back like weeds. Perhaps a minimum of few months membership or some other method of screening would help. Most of the crooks will offer a friend or someone they know has a part for you and sends a link or web address. They offer great price on an item and take your payment and have nothing to sell and member gets fleeced for the payment with no part recieved. PayPal does not insure these losses because buyer agreed to purchase

Arrrgh! this doesn't set so well over here, been raped a cpl times now, here by one (Fastvintage 69) & CL on another. really breaks a guy down when ya realize you just been had! :mad:

So with that said I do have faith in humanity as a hole cuz ... I just have Skipp deliver it we're good! lol ;) :scooter:

These folks really should get a life. I'm really trying to be nice here and not freak out cuz then I'd have to pass out PHD's an go down hill from there! That ain't a purdy sight to behold I assure you! :mad:

I'm way more skeptical now ...