bearing and axel bolt sizes

So..a 35mmOD x15mm ID x 11mm ct200u wheel bearing it takes a 14mm axel bolt...when you are looking to buy a rim w a stated 14mm bearing you need a 13mm axel bolt or what..I'm confused..is there some inconsistant info on these things? :confused:

From what I've read, and I even went out and checked mine, it's got 14mm axles. Looks like the MB200 even uses the same.
Where did you find about the smaller ones?

Doc1976

So..a 35mmOD x15mm ID x 11mm ct200u wheel bearing it takes a 14mm axle bolt...when you are looking to buy a rim w a stated 14mm bearing you need a 13mm axel bolt or what..I'm confused..is there some inconsistent info on these things? :confused:
So I'm curious about where you got the dimensions for the wheel bearings, actual measurements or a website? I don't have any experience with Chinese crap but if I use a 1/2" bearing, a 1/2 axle will fit. Now if I take a mic to either, neither will actually measure .500" that's because two parts can't share the exact same space(size) there will be a certain amount of clearance.

There is also the question of nominal measurements vs. actual. a bearing measuring 15mm ID may not actually be 15mm exact. and an axle measuring 14mm may not be either. Again, where did you get the measurements you are quoting?

Info I found is that the CT200U axle diameter is 14mm and the bearing bore/ID is 15mm; guess it's just a sloppy fit; not ideal, but I guess it works okay; 1mm isn't a huge difference, actually (1mm = 0.03937"; greater than 1/32", less than 3/64"). You could make some shims from a feeler gauge blade if you wanted to (somewhere around .019" should be tight; might need to go thinner) but it would be difficult keeping them in place during assembly. FYI: you can get 10 bearings for $20 on Amazon; 6202Z (shielded) or 6202-2RS (sealed).

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-15x35x11-Single-Shielded-Bearings/dp/B002BBGBUE

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-6202...rd_wg=ChJC2&psc=1&refRID=8N9P94GQ88NJNANQ16XW

A caliper comes in quite handy for checking dimensions of bearings, bushings, etc. I have this one; it works well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQEZ2W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I'm curious about where you got the dimensions for the wheel bearings, actual measurements or a website? I don't have any experience with Chinese crap but if I use a 1/2" bearing, a 1/2 axle will fit. Now if I take a mic to either, neither will actually measure .500" that's because two parts can't share the exact same space(size) there will be a certain amount of clearance.

There is also the question of nominal measurements vs. actual. a bearing measuring 15mm ID may not actually be 15mm exact. and an axle measuring 14mm may not be either. Again, where did you get the measurements you are quoting?
I like this site coz they regularly give measurements and bikes they fit in description if you scroll down. 6202-2RS (6202RS) Sealed Scooter Wheel Bearings (Set of 2) - Coleman CT200U Trail Mini Bike Parts - Coleman PowerSports Mini Bikes - All Mini Bike Brands - Mini Bike Parts & Mini Bike Accessories : Monster Scooter Parts

Doc1976

Info I found is that the CT200U axle diameter is 14mm and the bearing bore/ID is 15mm; guess it's just a sloppy fit; not ideal, but I guess it works okay; 1mm isn't a huge difference, actually (1mm = 0.03937"; greater than 1/32", less than 3/64").
Wow! I don't know if I would accept a 1mm off fit. Maybe on an old vintage 50 year bike, but not on something new. Although I guess we aren't talking about full on motorcycles and high speeds. I used to take a mic to the steel yard or wherever and measure the actual diameters of round stock until I found the closest fit. I usually get within about .010. Although now I found a supplier that regularly has turned, ground and polished rod in the remnants area that I get a real good deal on. :thumbsup:

Wow! I don't know if I would accept a 1mm off fit. Maybe on an old vintage 50 year bike, but not on something new. Although I guess we aren't talking about full on motorcycles and high speeds. I used to take a mic to the steel yard or wherever and measure the actual diameters of round stock until I found the closest fit. I usually get within about .010. Although now I found a supplier that regularly has turned, ground and polished rod in the remnants area that I get a real good deal on. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I have trouble believing it, myself. I have little minibike experience, but I have decades of street bike riding in my past and have always striven for perfection when assembling or tuning anything. Even though I said 1mm isn't a huge difference, it is in my mind; I think I was trying to rationalize it. The bearings won't be flopping around with the axle tightened, but a sloppy fit is just wrong. I pulled out my digital caliper just to visualize what 1mm is; it's quite a bit in this context. I looked at 0.5mm, what the gap would be all the way around if you could center the axle in the bearing perfectly (never happen); still a lot of light coming through the caliper. Maybe the info is bad. I don't have a CT200U, but I have a CT100U. Out of curiosity, I checked the info on it; 12mm axle, 12mm bearing ID. Obviously, both are not going to be a true 12mm, as you mentioned in an earlier post. Guess we'll just have to wait until Raskin replaces his bearings and lets us know what the deal is.