Been catching up on my R/C Aircraft projects & flying ,, this season.

I74

Yea,, I know all about ''blowing them off the water'' !!

Think my record for flips in the air is like ''7''. o_O
That was an Aeromarine - 34''- Mean machine - Cat,, that I highly modified,, & stuffed one of those .32 Nitro engines in also. :p

Feel free to post your pics. here. ;)

I

LIVIT

Ok this will take several posts just for the boats. I had loads of planes. I ran nitro for many years, but once I got into the brushless motors and lipos my days of dealing with slimers was over. I've got lots of vids too, will try too post a couple of them, so y'all can get a good idea of just how fast these boats are. I had around 25 or so boats at one time. You can see some of them on shelves in pics. Having them going so fast, break downs, flips etc were common so I even had a RC recovery tug.

Talking of flips, that all Carbon fiber cat in pic 0286 started flipping at around 105mph, it surprising survived with minimal damage. I had fiberglass boats flip at 80mph that broke into lots of floating debris.

Attachments

LIVIT

All the planes in the following posts are electric and made out of foam, except the large yellow cub, it was a kit I built out of balsa. I had a lot of planes. This is just a few of them. Were appropriate they had flaps and retractable landing gear.

Attachments

LIVIT

This club field in pics was an electric only. Great place to fly gliders too, it was on top of hill just off a river, so had great up currents. I also had electric ducted fan jets, a F9F, F-14, F-16 and a huge A-10 still looking for those pics. Pic 521 is a pic showing just some of the wiring involved on a P-38. I do miss flying, but loosing depth perception, made it dangerous to bystanders and resulted in several epic crashes.

Attachments

Ah
Hi Nathan ! ;)

The MM electric I built, is a MM -1000. My

There is @ least 1 thread about my Electric ''Mini'' builds.

Just go into ''my'' - ''I74'' content,, & scroll down away's,, you'll find em. ;)

I
Ah sorry mm1000 either way, I have the same frame, but for some reason it says your profile is limited! Anyway the controller I have is so jerky and I just can’t seem to find a decent one that’s why I was curious.

I74

Having so many, I can't remember the manufacturers of all of them. This is just some of the pics, but is good example of the ones we were running.
''Very cool'' !! :cool:

''Cap city'' !! lol

Especially really dig the ''Hemi'' drag boat,, & the yellow Hydro !!

Do you still have those two??

I74

Ah

Ah sorry mm1000 either way, I have the same frame, but for some reason it says your profile is limited! Anyway the controller I have is so jerky and I just can’t seem to find a decent one that’s why I was curious.

Is it a MM1000 then ?

Start a thread on it in - ''Mini bike discussion'',, & I will throw my ''2 cents'' inputs there,, ok. ;)

I

I74

This club field in pics was an electric only. Great place to fly gliders too, it was on top of hill just off a river, so had great up currents. I also had electric ducted fan jets, a F9F, F-14, F-16 and a huge A-10 still looking for those pics. Pic 521 is a pic showing just some of the wiring involved on a P-38. I do miss flying, but loosing depth perception, made it dangerous to bystanders and resulted in several epic crashes.
I see the Dynam Grand cruiser & the Durafly Spit.,, amongst all the others !! :cool:

Been getting into ''micro'' UMX's, & bought 4 this last year,, as having to down size, with going full time RV ''still' in the near future.
First pic is my ''rare''- UM- MK-IX Spit.
2nd,, is my E-flite UMX Citation Longitude ''twin 30mmEDF''.
3rd is my E-flite UMX - Sbach,, that I got off of RCG,, & rebuilt & modified it.
4th is a - F959S - 750mm Sky king.

Really like all these little Gems,, & they all pack pretty much together in their original carrying boxes. ;)
They all have 6 axis Gyro stabilization also.

I 10ABE45F-7A89-4D35-BA6C-C81472EEA540.jpeg
100_7114.JPG 100_7289.JPG 100_7268.JPG

Last edited:

I74

Added,,

Sorry about your vision. :(

I just made an Eye appt. yesterday,, & will also be getting update new script lenses, with a smidge darker shade of - ''Amber shooters tint''. ;)

LIVIT

Nice, I do like the UMX micros. I'm very ol skool and disable the stabilizers :) I have 4 or 5 of them. Only boats I have left are the tug and the CF drag boat. That drag boat was my deceased sons. I don't know much about it, from what I understood it was a one of a kind, being it was all CF, they do make them out of FG. It was never finished and I would like to sell it.

I've always had a passion for Aircraft, specially military stuff. I at one time, years ago. Between already built and kits on shelves, had around 150 planes. When I got into the electric foam planes, I got rid of most of that fast. I also went down in the overall size of the planes too. Yup a durafly, that stang was a durafly too. I really liked models from Durafly, roc hobbies, there was a Veteran owned and run company that I got most my stuff from, can't remember name. I still got the B25, a float plane and the stunt biplane. If you lived closer I could really hook you up with some stuff I don't use anymore.

LIVIT

Added,,

Sorry about your vision. :(

I just made an Eye appt. yesterday,, & will also be getting update new script lenses, with a smidge darker shade of - ''Amber shooters tint''. ;)
Tks brother, just a part of getting older. Just have to know when to say enough.

I74

Nice, I do like the UMX micros. I'm very ol skool and disable the stabilizers :) I have 4 or 5 of them. Only boats I have left are the tug and the CF drag boat. That drag boat was my deceased sons. I don't know much about it, from what I understood it was a one of a kind, being it was all CF, they do make them out of FG. It was never finished and I would like to sell it.

I've always had a passion for Aircraft, specially military stuff. I at one time, years ago. Between already built and kits on shelves, had around 150 planes. When I got into the electric foam planes, I got rid of most of that fast. I also went down in the overall size of the planes too. Yup a durafly, that stang was a durafly too. I really liked models from Durafly, roc hobbies, there was a Veteran owned and run company that I got most my stuff from, can't remember name. I still got the B25, a float plane and the stunt biplane. If you lived closer I could really hook you up with some stuff I don't use anymore.

What do you have for Micro stuff ??

Am really looking for a UMX ''ICON -A5'' flying boat plane, & others...

Yea,, would be cool if we lived closer,, think we would probably hang out. ;)

My Eyes are a Train wreck also,, as I have Thyroid Eye Disease,, plus age ect.

I try & keep them fairly close anymore,, & generally don't fly in the heat of summer afternoons.

Summer flying,, is mostly early mornings,, as around my Eyes will start sweating,, & make the ''mono wing'' planes look like - ''Bi & Tri'' planes !! o_O:eek:

Good thing I have flown for many years...

Added,,

The Veteran owned company I believe is - ''Motion RC''.

Almost went to work for them when they first started out, as a support tech.

Last edited:

I74

Sure you really want to part with your ''late Son's'' CF - Hemi drag boat ??

Would love to have it though,, if the price was right.

Is it about 3ft. long & around 1 1/2 ft. wide @ the ''aft'' Sponsons ??

Figuring from the size of the chair,, that's what I judged the size from.

Last edited:

LIVIT

What do you have for Micro stuff ??

Am really looking for a UMX ''ICON -A5'' flying boat plane, & others...

Yea,, would be cool if we lived closer,, think we would probably hang out. ;)

My Eyes are a Train wreck also,, as I have Thyroid Eye Disease,, plus age ect.

I try & keep them fairly close anymore,, & generally don't fly in the heat of summer afternoons.

Summer flying,, is mostly early mornings,, as around my Eyes will start sweating,, & make the ''mono wing'' planes look like - ''Bi & Tri'' planes !! o_O:eek:

Good thing I have flown for many years...

Added,,

The Veteran owned company I believe is - ''Motion RC''.

Almost went to work for them when they first started out, as a support tech.
That's it, Motion RC. Great company, did a lot of biz with them. I had an Icon A5, use to fly it when we were running the boats. People loved it. Without digging them all out, I still have the UMX spacewalker, sport and super cub, the one with the plastic frame and wings paper thin with blinking leds, it looks almost alien like at night. I had a bunch of different ones, I use to work part time in a hobby shop. So every time a new one came out I would buy it. Not the best place for someone with an RC addiction too work :)

Yeah, I want it gone. I think it's a shame that it's just sitting in a closet gathering dust. Someone could build something really cool with it. I'm lucky I live on large piece of property, around 250 acres. So I got a big yard to fly my micros around and lots of land here and nearby to go riding. I understand the flying time. I own and operate a Surf and Bank fishing guide service, I live about 40 miles sw of Myrtle Beach SC. So the beach is my office, but I have no wants too be flying in that sun or those temps. But sitting under an umbrella chair, helping my clients and watching the nice scenery walk by works for me !

I74

That's it, Motion RC. Great company, did a lot of biz with them. I had an Icon A5, use to fly it when we were running the boats. People loved it. Without digging them all out, I still have the UMX spacewalker, sport and super cub, the one with the plastic frame and wings paper thin with blinking leds, it looks almost alien like at night. I had a bunch of different ones, I use to work part time in a hobby shop. So every time a new one came out I would buy it. Not the best place for someone with an RC addiction too work :)

Yeah, I want it gone. I think it's a shame that it's just sitting in a closet gathering dust. Someone could build something really cool with it. I'm lucky I live on large piece of property, around 250 acres. So I got a big yard to fly my micros around and lots of land here and nearby to go riding. I understand the flying time. I own and operate a Surf and Bank fishing guide service, I live about 40 miles sw of Myrtle Beach SC. So the beach is my office, but I have no wants too be flying in that sun or those temps. But sitting under an umbrella chair, helping my clients and watching the nice scenery walk by works for me !
Yea, I did the P/T Hobby shop tech thing for a stint too...

Funny how you never took any cash home.... :eek: LOL

Sounds like you have an Epic setup !! :cool:

Soo,,,

What's the size of that drag boat,, & how much ??

Think you can still send PM's here ??

Send me one if you can, ok?

I

Last edited:

LIVIT

You need to get into your profile settings and change them. I can't PM or even look at your profile, due too your privacy setting brother. It's around 38" long. It has skags and few other items on it. It was never finished.

Last edited:

I74

You need to get into your profile settings and change them. I can't PM or even look at your profile, due too your privacy setting brother. It's around 38" long. It has skags and few other items on it. It was never finished.
Didn't know I shut all that $#!t shut off …. :confused:
Been awhile since I've bee real active on here .....
I'll go check it out right now. ;)

Added,

Guess I was pretty close on the length though. LOL :p

I