"Before and After" pics

My first build! $100 on Craigslist. New Carburator, Clutch, brakes, throttle, wheels, tires paint and seat. I learned so much and had to redo things numerous times as I learned, but I am pleased! I still need to adjust the carb correctly as it is a hard start and backfires..... I'm hopeful it is not a compression issue!
Before.jpg ToteGoteBuld.jpg TotegoteBuild.jpg

Nice work, it looks great. Thanks for sharing your project, ask questions if you need help with the engine issues, there are lots of Briggs experts on this site. Amazing that you were able to post pictures with just one post, normally it takes at least 5.:smile:

Last edited:
Thanks. I just ordered a compression measurement tool on Amazon. I'll test it next week. I rode is a bit this afternoon and it is a fun little ride. I think the issue has to be more than the carburetor because 1. extremely hard to start ( 15 pulls...) 2. backfires as you let off the throttle too fast. 3 There is a knocking noise.... boooo 4. I stink like gas after I ride! My new Coleman does not stink so I assume it is not a given attribute to small engines.

Also thanks fr the heads up on the pictures. I was trying to post on another thread asking questions and it denied my post. Now I know why!