Benelli Volcano rear shocks

capguncowboy

Volcano had the coil spring type. This might help, although it's for Sebac. So far, all of the mini bike coil spring shocks I've taken apart were pretty much the same.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/9933-sebac-shocks.html
I recently took apart a set of Betor shocks from a 70 Rupp and scratched my head for a few while i tried to figure it out. Definitely different, but not a big deal to do once i found out the entire lower unscrewed from the center.

A couple of Italian shocks I've disassembled had two half-circle clips that sat in a groove. They were held in with spring pressure. Had to compress the springs to get to them, then pry them out and release tension.

Just trying to toss some help out there- bottom line is that those shocks DO come apart. Compress the springs and you'll probably see the mechanism used to retain them.

FYI I figured out how to get the springs off the shocks. I used a spring compressor and compressed the spring. At the bottom of the shocks a collar will lift up with 3 ball bearings under it. Simply pull out the 3 ball bearings and the springs slide right out the bottom. Going to repaint the shocks, chrome the springs and good as new. Hope this helps anyone restoring a Volcano