Besides mini bikes what else do you collect or are into???

PatrickCraik

My great granddaughter, Abbie, who's 4 years old, fell in love with my cuckoo clocks. She was fascinated with the little bird that made noise every hour and half hour. So last year for Christmas I made her a cuckoo Whirligig. I made the bellows whistles extra large and drive them with a 6 lobe cam staggered so the high note sounds first. The cam is rotated with a worm gear I made from 1/8'' brazing rod that the propeller is fastened to. The worm turns a large gear made from a piece of thin flooring with the cams attached to both sides. I had trouble carving an original bird like in the clocks, so I got online and found a Disney character that was easier to duplicate. While the whistles are driven from the top, the birds tail and beak are driven off the bottom by the same cams. timed to open and close it's beak as it cuckoos. It took a while to dial in, but it works great. Had to add a tail to keep the prop in the wind. Still trying to post a video. View attachment 253147 View attachment 253148 View attachment 253149 View attachment 253150
Very cool! Beautiful job!

Another passion/collecting/hoarding is Gunsmithing firearms...Especially the simple AKM..I get to do metal work and wood furniture finishing on them...Here are a few I have built...Pump action 7.62 cal.
100_0153.jpg
Another custom PSL Shorty folder..
100_4213.JPG
PSL Heavy Barrel Bench rifle..This beast weighs in about 16 pounds and shoots like a BBgun recoil..
100_3410.JPG
And a few miscellaneous pistol versions...
100_3605.JPG
Mosen-Nagant in a sheet metal chassis with adjustable cheek piece.
100_2803.JPG

I collect just about anything wheel driven but have always been partial to bikes, mostly racing versions.
As a teen I hill climbed, later short tracked and then got into drag racing. I can't ride anymore but still
like to build things and hear them run. I still have a fairly complete shop so can build most anything.
Here in the northwest chainsaws are plentiful and occasionally find one worth saving.

Attachments

I collect just about anything wheel driven but have always been partial to bikes, mostly racing versions.
As a teen I hill climbed, later short tracked and then got into drag racing. I can't ride anymore but still
like to build things and hear them run. I still have a fairly complete shop so can build most anything.
Here in the northwest chainsaws are plentiful and occasionally find one worth saving.
Wow. what a nice shop.