Best Briggs Racing Engine ?

I am looking for some advice on the best racing engine application for a mini bike, I am hoping to be able to improve performance and keep maintenance to a minimum. Any suggestions on one of the B&S racing engines that would be good High performance engine for a general purpose mini bike? Any input would be appreciated. Also do the racing engines bolt right in with any mods?

KB2ROCKET

world formula:
lotsa power very dependable and will bolt right up in place of original briggs or tecumseh flathead engines its even shorter for smaller frames and it has electric start if you want

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
KB2 is dead on with the briggs WF. But the clutch that comes with them is for #219 chain. You might need to buy a new #35 chain clutch gear. Also be aware that this motor is making 13hp with the rev limiter on, and 15hp with the rev limiter off. You will also need to run at least 91 octane pump gas with it because of the 9.7:1 static compression.

Another reminder and this is for your own safety. You can't run 12/60 gearing with this motor. It has to much power and will toss you on the ground. The only way to keep it down is if you weight 350 lbs, or if you changed your gearing to a 4.0 ratio (12/48, or 15/60)

This is a factory modified race motor.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The only problem with the 5hp flathead briggs is the extra maintenance, and it's harder to start with the timing advanced. The OHV's have a easy start built into the cam.

He could always buy a briggs Animal, at 8hp
Or a real GX200 Honda, at 6.5hp

You can build either one of these motors to make the same, or more power if needed. Things have goten pricey for the newest models of the briggs. The new WF is about $1100, and the Animal is $600. The real 6.5hp hondas are about $400. The world formula seems to cost a lot, but for what your getting it's a deal. (Heavy duty race block, PVL igintion, electric starter, billet rod, racing cam and valve train, racing 26mm carb and intake, racing clutch, racing exhaust, and factory blueprinted)

I had no clue that the WF engine put out that much power or horsepower>>>that is awsume and sounds like you can bolt in more engine than you can handle. I guess I wouldnt have any problems popin wheelies with one of them puppys in my ride >>Yeee hawwww!! LoL Thanks for the tech talk bro

Cheese

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
No problem!
The WF is the starter motor of choice for use Saturday racers. What we normally do is have the carb converted to alky, advance the timing, and port the head. This usually will have you running around 70-74mph depending on weight, gearing, and motor building skills.