Best carb for a mod predator 212cc

want to buy a awesome carburetor for my predator 212cc

engine rebuilded parts help me choose whats best for my motor I mean one that will scream

billet rod long
wiesco piston flat top standard bore
mod 2 cam
1.3.1 rockers
25 intake stainless steal
24 exhaust stainless steal
14cc hi performance head
billet flywheel

hope this helps me choose the best one.....
budget 200 dollars

i like the 27mm i just picked up... had a gx390 too, like it/27mm better thn tht... maybe the 22mm mikuni for urs?

STORE

kit is $95... hopefully someone else chimes in... :shrug:

vwfan79

I agree with Gerard, a 22mm mikuni will probably be your best bet, it should really bring your motor alive. Make sure to get some extra jets, affordable go karts has a write up on tuning a mikuni on there site.

Is this the best for my motor like i said im willing to spend 200 dollars that carb is only 50 bucks i run racing fuel 110 octane would the 28mm b to much for that motor

Is this the best for my motor like i said im willing to spend 200 dollars that carb is only 50 bucks i run racing fuel 110 octane would the 28mm b to much for that motor
why r you running so high an octane? you have crazy compression on your motor? i run 100 octane on mine, but anyway... i have a 27mm on mine, everything cost me less that $95 for the setup... not about the price.. i would still go with the 22mm...

fully ported head (14cc)... 28.5/25 valves, longer rod, shorter piston, bigger cam, .009 gasket, 1.2/1.3 roller rockers, makes some great compression, i think :shrug: still trying to get it tuned... having trouble finding jets for it... prob would have ran great with the 22mm... but with the components i have, the 27 was recommended...

vwfan79

I had a 22mm mikuni on my drag motor running 14.5:1 compression with the only non aftermarket part being the crank and it ran perfect. Yes a 22mm would be the best carb for your setup.
Gerald you could have a ran a 22mm as well and been fine.

ok thanks. is it wrong for me to run the racing fuel I notice when I drained the 87 octane for break in after I dumbed it and then restarted it with the race fuel the idle with stock carb u could actually here the idle picking up a lil and the motor ran so much smooth and throttle response was way more killer. but if u think ill start burning valves an the top of the piston then ill bring down the octane a lil with mixing it with 87 octane but it really did run so much better just not willing to screw my motor up on it in the smell is o so awesome :)

I had a 22mm mikuni on my drag motor running 14.5:1 compression with the only non aftermarket part being the crank and it ran perfect. Yes a 22mm would be the best carb for your setup.
Gerald you could have a ran a 22mm as well and been fine.
i figured as much... gonna be a drastic change to the motor in the future though.. which is prob why the bigger carb was rec... but i believe it would be spot on with the 22mm...

ok thanks. is it wrong for me to run the racing fuel I notice when I drained the 87 octane for break in after I dumbed it and then restarted it with the race fuel the idle with stock carb u could actually here the idle picking up a lil and the motor ran so much smooth and throttle response was way more killer. but if u think ill start burning valves an the top of the piston then ill bring down the octane a lil with mixing it with 87 octane but it really did run so much better just not willing to screw my motor up on it in the smell is o so awesome :)
honestly, for me, i would want to be more certain what the CR is before running that high an octane, but if your ratio is very high.. you would be fine... IMHO...

is it ok to use predator factory tank I have no room for a tank in running the fuel lines its a small kart with one hell of a punch the motor surprised me its actually more then what I was thinking of having I could b at dead stop hammer it in it gets nasty clutch is also one mean machine for 100 bucks well worth the money with stock carb its doing good with stock jet an stock etube I can only imagine with the 22mm carb id say gravity feed is fine might have to shim tank up a lil wont I

is it ok to use predator factory tank I have no room for a tank in running the fuel lines its a small kart with one hell of a punch the motor surprised me its actually more then what I was thinking of having I could b at dead stop hammer it in it gets nasty clutch is also one mean machine for 100 bucks well worth the money with stock carb its doing good with stock jet an stock etube I can only imagine with the 22mm carb id say gravity feed is fine might have to shim tank up a lil wont I
the factory tank is cool :shrug:

if its running good already... why not just read the plug to make sure it is tuned properly? and leave it as is... i think the 22mm mikuni would still improve it, but if its running above your needs already... why spend extra money?

im kind of like u got money in not scared to spend it on something that interest me in with the mods I did I want the best for my buck you know plus it is kinda lugis on take of not stalling or nothing just needs to wake up a lil more on take off well the low end.. after the lugis is gone she will scream in better have ahold of the wheel. just wanting to use the best for it you know want all the power I can grab what compression u think im running would u know I got rod that works with the weisco piston 2.756 bore an the 14cc hi performance head which u know that by now just sayin incase u don't no in gotta go back in look I hate when I gotta do that

yeah its vp racing fuel unleaded there some out there leaded I had to b sure it wasn't before I bought it stuff really did smooth out the idle alot

what compression u think im running would u know I got rod that works with the weisco piston 2.756 bore an the 14cc hi performance head which u know that by now just sayin incase u don't no in gotta go back in look I hate when I gotta do that
according to calculations on my motor (and cheating with the help of a CR Calcutator)... my math and the calculator puts the CR of my motor at approx. 14.77:1

what size gasket are you using?

this is the calculator i used, which i verified by doing the actual math (and a headache later)... also verified by pluggin in the factory specs, which the factory motor is supposed to be around 8.5:1... when the correct info is entered into the calulator, it works well... IMHO...

Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

I just used the head gasket that was on the hemi jody at arc said itll b fine to use if I hadn't ran the motor or built up heat in it never had been started so yeah used the head gasket that came with the motor an that mikuni carb how does the throttle hook up can I use the oem throttle plate im using let me asap cuz im about to order