Best way to connect a throttle cable to a stock 5hp Briggs & Stratton

I am having issues coming up with the best way to hook up the throttle cable to the stock 5hp Briggs and Stratton. Most of the stock throttle was missing from this motor, so I was hoping to hook directly to the carb to get it running better. How are you guys hooking up your throttles? Pictures would be awesome. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

I am having issues coming up with the best way to hook up the throttle cable to the stock 5hp Briggs and Stratton. Most of the stock throttle was missing from this motor, so I was hoping to hook directly to the carb to get it running better. How are you guys hooking up your throttles? Pictures would be awesome. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Pictures would be awesome. I suggest you take some of your set up so we can see what you are working with...

changed it up pretty quick with a mikuni style carb, but the few days i had this motor on the bike with the stock setup, was pretty simple throttle hook up...
Looks like a nice a easy setup, I like how you have the cable attached to a wire and then the wire wrapped around the throttle. Thank you for the pictures.

Looks like a nice a easy setup, I like how you have the cable attached to a wire and then the wire wrapped around the throttle. Thank you for the pictures.
no prob. i just did something super quick to get the bike running, right after i repo'd it from my son... all cleaned up it wouldnt look to bad and is very simple... it had been sitting and not running, got it running that day to "motivate" him... switched to a mikuni style and remote tank and then now to a more built motor...

but the other setup, 1stlegendtx posted, looks VERY clean...

Thank you guys! I've been looking everywhere for pics. This is my first post.
My project is actually a motorized Trike.
It's a Worksman trike with a B&S 3.5 HP 149cc driving the front wheel.
Still working out the bugs.
Using a lot of the same parts you guys use like a band brake around the Centrifugal clutch.
I'll start a thread in the trike forum.
Will also work on registering this as a 149cc scooter in Colorado.

This method allows the governor to stay connected, but it is bypassed- as it was from the factory. To restore this engine to governor use simply requires removing the throttle cable from above, and attaching it the bottom support location. Had to drill the hole in the throttle plate larger, use a GEM KT 100 throttle swivel, and a spring from ACE hardware. Works very well.

buckeye

Dave, I love that set up.
I just can't get it in my head how it attaches to the throttle butterfly.
Or opens and closes the throttle.