BGW Mini pickup!!

chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mcy/d/trike-alsport-vintage-tri/6616961501.html

Looks all original, someone should snatch this up!! They are the best riding trike there is! FYI, it's not mine....

Where did this come from ??? lots of parts I have never seen on any TRI-SPORT . There is a lot of work to be done and a full wallet of cash to make it worthwhile.

This was made by a division of arms industries in mansfield Ohio, BGW. The body was designed and build by John Plessinger whom created the 1st three wheeler the tri-cart. 340cc Kohler engine, rubber u- joints, more robust frame than the Alsports, and no plastic on the fiberglass body! I talked with Plessinger a few years back, and he said you could drive this at 70mph and let go of the handlebars and it would track straight. I tried it, he was right! 850 is steep, but these are real rare, and we consider the Cadillac of trikes!

Steve, I really don't know. I've seen 5 of these in my travels, and have owned 3. My buddy still has 1. Production had to be low, if I had to guess, 500?? But that's a total guess.

Cuda54

How much could the rubber u-joints take? I have a TRI ROD with the rubber u-joints. I was thinking of changing them for metal u-joints. Maybe I might see what they will take

It's an incredible machine, I'd love to have a viable project but a survivor would be even better. Going to have to settle for my Super Tryke, it's cool but not 70mph down the highway hands off the bars cool. I'd have to be struck by lightning while riding to achieve 70 on it, that or get rear ended by a vehicle going slightly faster.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My Tri Sport SL 440 did 67 MPH with me riding it. And of course you can steer this trike with your feet on the foot pegs. It was a blast to be in the fast lane of the freeway and put your arms out like you were soaring with the birds, and that sure backed off a lot of drivers. But others would get closer to take pictures of this clown having fun.