Big Rob`s MonoTrack Build

i wouldnt think it would be too dificult to splice use CA glue and then sew it together with some strong wire. i think itll be harder to get it to stay centered on the wheels and not slip on the drive wheel

I think I will probly use some scrap steel and prototype the drive line before I get the bender out.
Its dropped down to 11* f and with the windchill its like -13*f decided to take the night off lol

The biggest part of the build is going to be the track
Splicing the tire treads is going to be a learning experience lol
Fortunatly my brother used to work for a rubber company that spliced rubber conveyer belts and he is willing to help out.
If the tire tread splices dont work I will either use a tread from a truck tire 31 to 33 inches tall or may end up useing a piece of flat rubber conveyer belt with cleats

Lol Dave I havnt told Ron about this one yet , he is working up north buildng ice roads

I had a buddy who worked in a semi tire recapping shop and we made all sorts of weird tires, there is a compound (glue) they use then bake it. It becomes one like an original tire. If you have a tire recapping shop near you they could possibly help with the 'track'.

Yup Vette I have been trying to find a 3.0 x 23 front tire from a xl500 honda , it would give me a circumfrence of aprox 84 inches , which I could live with
I may have to break down and buy a new one lol if there are no used one around

WrenchDad

If you leave the side wall on it will kink when you take it out of round, If you cut the side wall down or off compleatly I dont know how you will keep it on.:shrug: