Bike speedometer need help

I bought a sodlon bike speedometer from ebay for my doodle bug. When I first got it , it would not turn on and needed new batteries. Once I put the batteries I mounted it to the bike and calibrated it I put 13 3/4 in ( stock tire) to mm 349.25 and multiplied that by 3.14 and got about 1097 ws and I cant get it to work. It is not reading any speeds.

jays0n

If it's a magnetic pickup type you need to be sure the magnet is attached to the wheel and is close enough to the receiver to pick it up.

Does it work with the motor not running? You can lift the front tire (if that is where pickup is) and spin the tire to see if it registers a few MPH. If it does work then the EMI from the ignition is preventing it from working. I have had that issue numerous times, I had to go to a resistor plug.

Oh well one other thing is to make sure speedo is all the way inserted into the mount. On mine there are two little spring fingers which touch the metal contacts make sure they are looking ok and that the speedo is seated all the way.

The part that had the contacts was cracked that may have been the problem . I ordered another bike speedometer that looks exactly like the one that was used on a db speedometer thread on here so it should work this time.

Just got the speedometer today it sundang just like the one in the thread. This one works and was easy to align. I am having problems setting up tire size I put in 14 in for the stock size front tire. I ran the speedometer with the one on my phone and it was pretty close except when I got to 40 it jumped to 46 mph but phone only said 43 mph.