Bolt on TAV

CarPlayLB

That is correct. It has taken a lot of time to make this kit. Hent and I were not comfortable with cutting the frame as others do. Hard to believe that the Chinese made that bar go across the frame just to support a chain guard...right?
We will have a competitively priced kit that is inclusive of all parts needed to install a TAV set up without any cutting! As of right now, this will only work with 3/4" shafted engines. The EX seems to be coming with either a 16mm or 3/4" shaft engine. The CT200U either have a 5/8" or 3/4" shaft and you will need to verify what crank you have.
The kit will be released shortly...just a couple more details to iron out.
I know that "fat kid" on that bike. He will tell you the the TAV made a world of difference in take off speed, acceleration, and top speed. The EX bike is a challenge, so the CT200U kit will be introduced first

Good lookin' guy though...huh? :no:

Last edited:
Will the mount for the kit be available by it self? I already have a torque converter and the motor modded so don't need all the extra parts.

Will the mount for the kit be available by it self? I already have a torque converter and the motor modded so don't need all the extra parts.
Bumping this question - can you buy the engine riser/mount separately? I ordered one of the entire stage 1 + torque converter kits but have a second torque converter I'd like to install on a separate Coleman and love the way that riser looks. Thanks!

CarPlayLB

Sorry for the late reply.
We don't have enough supply of just the plate to offer that separately. Sorry.

We offer it as a kit, as all the parts work together. The standard CT200U header will not fit with the plate. The kit includes a header designed specifically for the plate.

We are increasing the production on that piece and we hope to be able to offer that soon. [MENTION=58846]zummerp[/MENTION] [MENTION=56207]DeadPixel[/MENTION]

Sorry for the late reply.
We don't have enough supply of just the plate to offer that separately. Sorry.

We offer it as a kit, as all the parts work together. The standard CT200U header will not fit with the plate. The kit includes a header designed specifically for the plate.

We are increasing the production on that piece and we hope to be able to offer that soon. [MENTION=58846]zummerp[/MENTION] [MENTION=56207]DeadPixel[/MENTION]
Well let us know if that changes. I still want one too.

I have this kit and its a nice set up. Fit is good and even worked on the non-hemi 212 (im in CA) using the stock coleman gas tank.

Got it for a short lived deep discount on their ebay store compared to the OldMiniBikes website.

Hello, I am new here and somewhat new to mini bikes.. I just wanted to add some things to this thread.. I have a coleman ct200u-ex and I installed a 3/4 tav without any cutting besides taking a flange off the muffler.. I raised the engine one inch and pushed it as far forward as possible.. I had to add 2 links to the chain.. works great now I got it up to 36mph it still had more throttle but i don't have a long enough straightaway to top it out. My wife has a stock ct200u-ex and mine blew hers away in acceleration and top speed.. i can post pictures of anyone is interested..