Bolted Brake Bracket business..

Minimichael

If you can orientate the pivot bolt to around the 6 or 7 o'clock position and still have adequate ground clearance you can then utilize a trailing arm to secure it bolted from up near the front of the swingarm. It has to move in unison with the swingarm and stay parallel. Might have to use your illusion to figure out mounting the front of the arm (drilling a hole and tapping) however. Still some thought processing to do. Check out an early 80's Honda XR80 right side of bike. Many dirt bikes use that configuration normaly a length of round tube smashed and drilled hole on both ends for the arm. Might be a simpler way to do it but that way is tried and true.
Thanks again on this best solution. My bracket's gonna bug me til I change it I just know it. I hate to drill the swingarm but the build has been stalled for days while I thought about it ...and it's getting nicer in Chicago by the minute...

Minimichael

So a little more on the bracket is that angle is a little past 90°.... Probably 105 maybe. Also, there's a shorter hole a little up the bracket for the drum plate bolt to fit at an even wider angle like about 135, which would nearly hide the whole assembly behind the swing arm... But I'll be giving this fitting a few rides before trying the wider angle setup.

Attachments

Last edited: