Bonanza BC1300 fork help

Before I try the ball bearing thing the one handle bar is half way full of rust or some thing. I was using the drill snake and it broke off in the bar. Lol. Now I'm screwed. Lol

Before I try the ball bearing thing the one handle bar is half way full of rust or some thing. I was using the drill snake and it broke off in the bar. Lol. Now I'm screwed. Lol
Karen, under the circumstances I believe I would take a piece of 1/2 inch angle iron and scribe a straight line down both fork tubes and just cut them off about 1/2 inch above the top fork plate. You can weld them back together and use the scribe make to index them correctly. I think any other route will just consume time and still result in cutting them off anyway....

Its what I would do after all the time and trouble that has been spent trying to remove the parts in a non destructive manner.... :grind:

Doug

Edit - More than likely the tubing will be so bad from the rust that it might just give up and rupture once you get the pieces to move... I know this guy named Eric that can bend tubing real purty.... :anon.sml:

Last edited:
Have you filled the tubes with oxalic acid ? It will eat rust like nobodies business , if it won't completely free it it will certainly clean the bore and make pushing them out easier .

Got it.:thumbsup: Had to go see my friend Tim. He heated them up and with that PB blaster in there those tubes was cooking. :laugh: Then we/he put a jack on the axel and up to the fork plate. He is much stronger than me. He got them to move and left the rest to me.:thumbsup:

Got it.:thumbsup: Had to go see my friend Tim. He heated them up and with that PB blaster in there those tubes was cooking. :laugh: Then we/he put a jack on the axel and up to the fork plate. He is much stronger than me. He got them to move and left the rest to me.:thumbsup:
Nice!!! Get one of these and hone the you know what out of it. Use straight 30 weight oil and let it work.

https://www.zoro.com/flex-hone-tool-flexible-cyl-hone-bore-dia1in-180-grit-bc10018/i/G2276172/

Doug

This one will give you a little more bite...

https://www.zoro.com/flex-hone-tool-flexible-cyl-hone-boredia1-18in-180grit-bc11818/i/G1499181/

Last edited:
i just use a piece of coat hanger bend the end over wrap a strip of sand paper around it you have the length to do all of it and just chuck it in your drill