Bonanza build

Minimichael

I didn't look real hard, but I didn't see an exact match so rather than take a chance I just cleaned and fixed the original. I did notice that there are only 2 bolts holding the sprocket and they are chewed up and cannot be removed correctly so I will have to machine them out. Never a quick or easy build with these old bikes. It's easy to see why the restored bikes are pricey. View attachment 291232
Wow everything looks great. I didn't notice the shoes were such a unique and sort of home-tooled design. Nice job on those! Love the rims, btw.

Triley41395

Ok so you have to
Look on eBay… View attachment 291385
I got the button heads for less than. 50 cents each. I know that the fillister screws don't seem expensive but I just spent 300.00 for parts just yesterday and I'm still looking for a couple more parts. I'm not cheap or broke but sometimes I have to try to keep the wife happy. If she rode them she might feel different but she doesn't.

Triley41395

Well just a quick update. Right or wrong I sanded the frame top to bottom with 400 sandpaper prep the bike for a few coats of high-gloss clear. sanded,washed, wiped down with methanol and cleared it. Installed the lights even though it probably won't have a lighted motor they still give it the right look. The tires, which I think are original came out great. There still a little hard and have some cracks but they are older than me so that's to be expected. As for the kickstand it came off a 60-65 Columbia bicycle, not sure if it will be a problem when I mount a motor, that's TBD. Never seem to get too much time to work on it but will my son's help it's coming along. 20220723_145248.jpg 20220723_145340.jpg

Minimichael

Well just a quick update. Right or wrong I sanded the frame top to bottom with 400 sandpaper prep the bike for a few coats of high-gloss clear. sanded,washed, wiped down with methanol and cleared it. Installed the lights even though it probably won't have a lighted motor they still give it the right look. The tires, which I think are original came out great. There still a little hard and have some cracks but they are older than me so that's to be expected. As for the kickstand it came off a 60-65 Columbia bicycle, not sure if it will be a problem when I mount a motor, that's TBD. Never seem to get too much time to work on it but will my son's help it's coming along. View attachment 292101 View attachment 292102
Looks awesome so far

Maybe stuff some battery'd leds in that headlight case just for effect.

I'm jealous of the fenders.

Triley41395

Looks awesome so far

Maybe stuff some battery'd leds in that headlight case just for effect.

I'm jealous of the fenders.
I was fortunate that it had fenders when I got it. Back fender needs adjusted but I will get that later. I do have an engine but I'm not sure it's going on it. I'm not going for speed but 3.5hp just doesn't seem big enough to me. This is the engine that came with the bike when I got it (not factory original) ,it does run but I haven't put the carb and linkage back on just yet. After I took it apart to clean and paint I almost couldn't get it back together. As simple as these engines are I can't believe how much trouble I had putting it back together, the recoil assembly was a nightmare. 20220723_162305.jpg

Minimichael

I was fortunate that it had fenders when I got it. Back fender needs adjusted but I will get that later. I do have an engine but I'm not sure it's going on it. I'm not going for speed but 3.5hp just doesn't seem big enough to me. This is the engine that came with the bike when I got it (not factory original) ,it does run but I haven't put the carb and linkage back on just yet. After I took it apart to clean and paint I almost couldn't get it back together. As simple as these engines are I can't believe how much trouble I had putting it back together, the recoil assembly was a nightmare. View attachment 292115
Because it's a Tec? I've only worked on Briggs and Hondas so far.