Bonanza CR500 Hodaka Chopper Throttle/Cable Question

dwarfbike

Does any one know what throttle and cable the Bonanza CR500 Hodaka Chopper came with? My Hodaka has a Hodaka Throttle Cable but the ball on the end of the cable is to small for a standard mini bike throttle. Trying to figure out if I need a different throttle or new to swap out the cable. Any tips will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Does any one know what throttle and cable the Bonanza CR500 Hodaka Chopper came with? My Hodaka has a Hodaka Throttle Cable but the ball on the end of the cable is to small for a standard mini bike throttle. Trying to figure out if I need a different throttle or new to swap out the cable. Any tips will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Hi Dwarf bike, did you find out a source for your cables? I'm building one now and same issue came up. Unsure if OldMiniBikes has right or need to have custom cable made. Thanks

I74

Bet that ''cool @$$'' chopper is fast as hell,, & a real hand full !
Can you even take off at all on it in first gear, & keep the front end down ??
Bet you also gott'a lean forward pretty good regardless.

Rode a ''beautiful'' Hodaka Super Rat back in the day with the Ace 100,, & it was ''real quick'' & fast !
Those were always my all time favorite dirt bike, & still are.

That chopper is something else, & would love to try one of those out,, given the chance. :cool:

Last edited:
Bet that ''cool @$$'' chopper is fast as hell,, & a real hand full !
Can you even take off at all on it in first gear, & keep the front end down ??
Bet you also gott'a lean forward pretty good regardless.

Rode a ''beautiful'' Hodaka Super Rat back in the day with the Ace 100,, & it was ''real quick'' & fast !
Those were always my all time favorite dirt bike, & still are.

That chopper is something else, & would love to try one of those out,, given the chance. :cool:
I’m running an Ace 100 on my BC1500SH not on my Chopper. 1st gear is super low (1 up and 4 down) but once you get into 2nd and 3rd, then the power comes on!

I use mini bike cables, then solder on an end for the Mikuni-usually three times to get the distance right between the top of the carb where the clamp is, and just enough tension to get a good return. I use 1/8 brass rod that I cut and solder on to the cable.

I’m running an Ace 100 on my BC1500SH not on my Chopper. 1st gear is super low (1 up and 4 down) but once you get into 2nd and 3rd, then the power comes on!
I think the 9-18 tooth sprockets are just too low for these.

I74

I use mini bike cables, then solder on an end for the Mikuni-usually three times to get the distance right between the top of the carb where the clamp is, and just enough tension to get a good return. I use 1/8 brass rod that I cut and solder on to the cable.

I think the 9-18 tooth sprockets are just too low for these.
Boy,, I'd love to ride one just to see where it likes it.