Bonanza "Mini Skipper" Boat

Probably belongs in Off Topic...but it's a Bonanza "Mini" so I'll park it here for now.

During one of my conversations with Dan Farrand he mentioned that Bonanza had been gearing up to add a boat to their product line. In fact he told me that as recent as a year or two ago there were still some NOS hulls sitting in a yard somewhere in California but that they had just recently been sawed up and scrapped :doah:

I have been meaning to follow up on this with Mike Farrand and get some back round info.

In the meantime here is a rare brochure for the "Mini Skipper" Bonanza Boat:

Cool

40 is pretty quick on the water in a 10 footer.Too bad they cut 'em up
Quite a few companies built small speed boats back in the day.
Been a few on CL around here.

Twid

That yard mite be on the corner of bird an auzerais in San Jose, they had a bunch of small boats that are no longer there. The dude that runs the lot is a prick I have tried to buy a model A from dude for the past 10 years and always offered a fair price. Dude always says nothing is for sale! He has a lot of cool rods just waistin away and I know a lot of people who have made him reasonable offers and it is always the same thing NOTHING IS FOR SALE!!

Ding Ding

Awesome tidbit of information. Neat little boat, I had no idea Bonanza made such a craft. And I agree on the location of this thread considering the "mini" aspect.