Bonanza Plastic MX Tank

markus

That tank is for the "midi-cycle". I based the decals I had made up awhile back on the ones they used on that bike

Ive only seen the midi-bike in a small photo, I never realized how stubby and different they are to the Fiberglass tanks.

I'm almost a 100% sure the tank is a prototype. The tank is perfect and looks to be never installed on a bike. It is plastic and has no discoloration. That's my story! I thought about buying it but, thought too long!

Man how the heck did it end up in Lancaster, PA...? I wonder if the seller has any other info on where it came from.
I don't know if it was a coincidence or not Gerry but there was an estate sale in that area a couple years ago in which there was some not so common Bonanza items. I never got to go to it but I remember them having a long banner that I've only seen once. It was the collection of a motorcycle enthusiast and a lot of it was museum quality. Could be that tank came from that collection but it's only a thought on my part.

markus

I wonder if Clarke made it, haven't they been around for a long time? What were the tanks made of on the typhoon bikes? And I agree that the Midi cycle may have been nothing more than a prototype or just morphed into what looks like a better built typhoon.

The guy I bought all of my bonanza paperwork from and some small part came from that sale as well as that only banner I ever saw! But the banner sold for 500 at the time.

I just talked to the guy. He said he bought it at a garage sale. It was by itself with no other parts or bike. He's sending me measurements. I wanted to get a better idea of size. He said it sold for full asking price ($850) even though it said best offer. I'm guessing proto type or very few of these sold if it was in production.

The guy I bought all of my bonanza paperwork from and some small part came from that sale as well as that only banner I ever saw! But the banner sold for 500 at the time.
I do remember seeing some literature in the pictures now that you mention it Bill. I had no idea that the banner brought that much but considering the quality of the collection, it doesn't surprise me. There was a lot of high end motorcycle stuff there from what I can remember.