Bonanza Project Completed

My goal here was a reasonably close representation of a BC-1300 without breaking the bank. I was lucky that most of the key parts were there to start with. I ended up making the rear shocks from stainless tube and polishing them to save on chroming. The headlight is a bates style housing that takes an H4 bulb. The tail light is a cheap trailer light. I found 6V LED bulbs on eBay that work great and are low current. The vintage NOS battery box powers the lights but I had to reverse the battery connections to get a negative ground. The tank was another eBay find. The chroming total for the tank and tail light was about $150 bucks which I consider not too bad. I discovered that matching original paint color can be pricey so I used off the shelf Dupli-Color Bahama Blue paint. It was a fun project and now I’m moving on to my 1967 Taco 99 which I have also been working on. The Bonanza and Taco were my dream bikes that I never had when I was a kid. I was lucky to find them at a fairly decent price locally from a collector that wanted to move on to other projects.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG