Bonanza sprocket question

Been looking around for a Kidney Bean sprocket, but only been able to find them for Go Powers. I noticed the 3 studs match the Kidney beans also, but puts the sprocket farther out.

Has anyone tried to cut the studs shorter to make it worth with the Kidney Bean wheels? Is the backspacing otherwise different?

markus

rt1rac on ebay usually has some NOS bendix sprockets listed think they are 1 5/8 center dont have any kidney beans here to measure but that sounds about right. rt1rac | eBay

you would have to drill the thread out of the skinny side kidney wheel halve in order to use the go power style mount, plus hope the threads are all clean an unobstructed farther up closer to the weld point on the sprocket, bad thing all around. The originals that I have seen were just modified bendix units so they have the 3.25" bolt pattern in them factory, I would cut the 3 legs off and just use the pre drilled holes in the sprocket and wheel if you have no other option.

Thanks Markus. The threads in the wheel half are not there anymore so no worries there. It was just a random thought.

I am not in a big hurry, just collecting parts for my 1400. Will save the sprocket just in case I find some Go Powers later.