Bonanza Survivor?

Just picked this classy Bonanza up.
(pretty rare to find even a decent picture of one down here in San Diego), so i quickly scooped it up.
And it was in even better shape the the ad pics.:thumbsup:

After further inspection, it actually seemed that it was ALL there. Even down to the Hardware. Tires are not even cracked (goodyear front, Double indian rear.)

Obviously , we know its a Bonanza,
but the fun for me, is in the details.
maybe some Bonanza enthusiasts can shed some more light on this...?

Is this an all original survivor? If not, what is not original?
Hard for me to date the motor, but does the numbers say its a '68? (turns good, tank is even pretty darn clean inside)
I know its often hard to tell what "year and model", but maybe, if it happens to actually be in its original state, it would be possible.

any added info is much appreciated and fun.
Thanks

he had a Bird (duck?) laying around, so, $ixty more bucks later and... hahaha
Unfortunately, the forks are pushed back a little. :crying: (bent forks are always the saddest to me:crying:)

capguncowboy

Nice score. Looks like a 1968 (serial, forward footpegs) BC1200 (H35, swingarm)

The forks look to have been painted white, but it looks like it's all there, with exception of the correct tires and grips.

Nice little bird, most likely a Duck. Is the frame 1" or 7/8" ? If it's 1", it's a Sears Drover model.

Here's a lighted BC1200 survivor I had last year. Incredible original condition with very few alterations.

https://youtu.be/ebbMA6JLtog

Last edited:
Nice little bird, most likely a Duck. Is the frame 1" or 7/8" ? If it's 1", it's a Sears Drover model.
7/8" , DUcK it is !

thanks CapGunCowboy, THAT, is a fantastic find you have !

PS: its Bonanza Blue under the subdued blue frame paint (under the forks and swing arm, is blue also)

PSS: did it come with Goodyear? or Carlisle ?
I'm assuming it was one of the two. I feel like I've heard "goodyear" before...

Last edited: