Bonham 670 Nova tote gote questions

Hello,
New to the site. I just pulled a Bonhan Nova 670 out of my grandfathers
shed that I plan on restoring. Used to ride these things in the mountains on fishing trips in the 70's until the laws changed and it was outlawed :angry:
The last time this one was used was about 1979 and it has been sitting since. Good news is it is complete, bad news is it needs a lot of work to bring it back to its glory days. I am pretty sure it will run once I rebuild the carb, change the plug etc. My main worry is that the fuel pump is shot. Is there a replacement fuel pump or kit for the pump(tecumseh H60 75083B) or can a newer pump from a different model be adapted to work. My plan is to kit the carb and see if the fuel pump is still good. If the pump is not working I will just use the gravity method to see if I can get it running. Also looking for various parts like the pucks for the disc brake, air cleaner canister and element. Does anybody have any info on these as original colors, availability of decals, etc. I am going to try to restore this as close to original as possible. Never be able to ride in the mountains again, but at least it will be a good conversation piece.

I plan on posting Pics as soon as I take some

Thanks

jeep4me

I restored a nova 680 and it had a 6hp Briggs on it. I think your engine is not the original, but that doesn't really matter. As far as the fuel pump goes I'm not sure you'll need one. But if you do, most small engine shops will carry them. You'd be better off replacing it then rebuilding it.

Start a project thread and post pictures with your progress. Good luck.

Don't think the Totes came with a pump, gas will flow to the motor downhill non stop.

Only need a pump if you're inverted for longer than 5 minutes!:laugh::laugh:

As far as I can tell from what research I have done there were 2 years that the 670 came with the tecumseh H60, then they went back to B&S. I have scoured the internet and can not find the engine model number listed on any sites (not even the tecumseh site). I am sure this was the original set up and I did notice somewhere on line (cant remeber where) that someone made reference to the mechanical fuel pump on a 670 with h60 tecumseh as in he was having difficulty finding one. I took the pump apart last night and it looks like the diaphragm is still good so I will clean it up and see if it will work.
my other option is to put a predator knockoff in it and go, but I am not sure if it will fit in the frame and line up correctly, but i guess i could modify things to work. My main goal if possible without breaking the bank is to stay as original as possible---we will see. :doah:

I think your motor is original. The 670 Nova had a h60 Tecumseh an it needed a fuel pump because the bottom of the gas tank was lower than the float bowl on the carb. You should be able to find parts on a site like Tulsa engine warehouse. When tote gote went back to the Briggs motor, they changed the motor plate because the briggs was taller. They named that model the 675. Yours has the Tecumseh motor plate.

Last edited:

old shed finds

Just bought one also 670.. mine is original and everything there.They do have that Tecumseh and mine has fuel pump also... Yes your engine is correct... the pump diagram might be found at small engine shop or Ebay.. I will let you know.... I am in need of one for mine too